Delete cache/recovery/last_log.1

Search This thread

randoms123

Feb 16, 2018
Hi,

I rooted using the wug tool and have had to unrrot.

I bought my Nexus from CEX and its started getting screen bleed around all edges so I'm going to take it back to CEX and their warranty says if a phones ever had custom ROM or anything installed it invalidates the 2 year warranty and they thoroughly check the phone when you take it back.

Unroot and relocking the bootloader worked fine but when I went in to stock recovery and check recovery logs there was cache/recovery/last_log.1 which when read you can tell that it's had twrp installed and uninstalled and that the bootloader has been relocked.

I've used stock recovery from bootloader to wipe cache etc and done a reset again but cache/recovery/last_log.1 is still there but now with cache/recovery/last_log showing the log of stock recovery reset.

I don't mind cache/recovery/last_log showing as that's standard but cache/recovery/last_log.1 clearly shows that I'd had a custom rom (lineage) flashed and unflashed and relocked bootloader.

I'm happy to root again, I know doing that I'll be able to delete the cache/recovery/last_log.1 possibly but when I unroot and relock I'm guessing that it'll make another log showing that's happened.

Bootloader shows its locked but the recovery logs will be a problem if CEX check them, I doubt they will fix or refund me the price I paid because it clearly shows its been rooted. Wipe cache doesn't get rid of the log and 2 stock resets didn't get rid off the log, just created cache/recovery/last_log.

I did search but can't find any way to get rid of that log or to unroot and relock without another log being made.

I hope someone can help?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hi,

I bought my Nexus from CEX and its started getting screen bleed around all edges so I'm going to take it back to CEX and their warranty says if a phones ever had custom ROM or anything installed it invalidates the 2 year warranty and they thoroughly check the phone when you take it back.

Unroot and relocking the bootloader worked fine but when I went in to stock recovery and check recovery logs there was cache/recovery/last_log.1 which when read you can tell that it's had twrp installed and uninstalled and that the bootloader has been relocked.

I've used stock recovery from bootloader to wipe cache etc and done a reset again but cache/recovery/last_log.1 is still there but now with cache/recovery/last_log showing the log of stock recovery reset.

I don't mind cache/recovery/last_log showing as that's standard but cache/recovery/last_log.1 clearly shows that I'd had a custom rom (lineage) flashed and unflashed and relocked bootloader.

I'm happy to root again, I know doing that I'll be able to delete the cache/recovery/last_log.1 possibly but when I unroot and relock I'm guessing that it'll make another log showing that's happened.

Bootloader shows its locked but the recovery logs will be a problem if CEX check them, I doubt they will fix or refund me the price I paid because it clearly shows its been rooted. Wipe cache doesn't get rid of the log and 2 stock resets didn't get rid off the log, just created cache/recovery/last_log.

I did search but can't find any way to get rid of that log or to unroot and relock without another log being made.

I hope someone can help?
Why don't you just flash the stock factory image with fastboot. Then lock the bootloader afterwards?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: randoms123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I hope someone can help?
    Why don't you just flash the stock factory image with fastboot. Then lock the bootloader afterwards?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app