Google Voice question

Search This thread

knitler

Nov 30, 2012
Philadelphia
I have GV installed on my N5. If I don't answer the call or decline it it sends people to my Tmobile VM instead of my GV VM. If I tell my phone to Forward unanswered calls to my GV number and I decline a call. The other persons phone rings until it puts them to GV, but on my side I have declined the call, then there is silence, then 1 second ring and then the call ends.

How can I get rid of the phone giving me a 2nd quick ring before shooting the person to GV VM?

Onthemetro

Mar 2, 2014
I have GV installed on my N5. If I don't answer the call or decline it it sends people to my Tmobile VM instead of my GV VM. If I tell my phone to Forward unanswered calls to my GV number and I decline a call. The other persons phone rings until it puts them to GV, but on my side I have declined the call, then there is silence, then 1 second ring and then the call ends.

How can I get rid of the phone giving me a 2nd quick ring before shooting the person to GV VM?

Hello,

This is my first post so I hope it helps with the first part of your problem you are having with Google Voice.

Follow these steps to have your mobile phone use Google Voice for voicemail instead of your carrier's voicemail. You can always go back to using your carrier's voicemail later if you want, by entering another code.
Enter the following exactly as written, as if you are dialing someone:
**004* "Your Google Voice Number" #
Press "Send" or "Call" on your phone to dial that number. When you see the confirmation message on your phone, you are done!