Thanks Meter: 524

By surviveland, Senior Member on 29th November 2013, 08:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2014, 05:47 AM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by urinsane

Same problem here... it downloads fine, but when I open the APK to install, it will not let me click on the "Install" button. Cancel works fine. Weird?

edit: (on my 2013 Nexus 7 Wifi)

I'm having this issue as well. I haven't been able to select "Install" on every single .apk file I've downloaded so far. It's getting very frustrating Someone please help!

I'm using a HTC One... 2013?

4th May 2014, 06:02 AM |#562  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,547

Donate to Me
More
And you have unknown sources allowed in security settings?
4th May 2014, 07:29 AM |#563  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Angry Samsung Galaxy S5
Got Amazon Prime working.
5th May 2014, 03:17 AM |#564  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Adobe Flash Player APK does NOT work with Firefox or Firefox Beta.

Firefox now has it's own built-in flash support (this is what you guys are seeing) but it is not perfect. When you go to view most streaming flash videos notice how the video player is very basic with only volume, seek and play/pause buttons. Also there i no full screen button (but you have full controls on PC).

Some flash videos let you long press on the video and select "View in Fullscreen". On some videos when you long press on them there is a "open with an app" option where you can open the video with a player like MX Player. If you need to change the orientation when going fullscreen, then you need to toggle the phone's rotation ON and turn the phone sideways before going into full screen because there is no manual rotate control for the fullscreen video.

If you don't believe me, uninstall Flash Player and notice how Firefox will still play most Flash videos.
5th May 2014, 03:37 AM |#565  
Thanks Meter: 1,447

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfWar

Adobe Flash Player APK does NOT work with Firefox or Firefox Beta.

Firefox now has it's own built-in flash support (this is what you guys are seeing) but it is not perfect.

This is incorrect information. You are probably seeing a backup HTML5 video player.

If you don't have Flash installed:

Once you install latest official Flash player from Adobe:

Please don't spread false information.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 03:59 AM |#566  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenyz

This is incorrect information. You are probably seeing a backup HTML5 video player.

If you don't have Flash installed:

Once you install latest official Flash player from Adobe:

Please don't spread false information.

Just because it can detect the flash version you have installed does not mean it is working.

Test at this page:
https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Can you see the bouncing box animation? No right?
Now install Flashfox from the Android Market (It has better flash support than official firefox). Notice that the animation now works.
If the Adobe Flash Player was working correctly as you say, then the bouncing box animation should also work in the official Firefox app, as you said.
5th May 2014, 04:15 AM |#567  
Thanks Meter: 1,447

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfWar

Just because it can detect the flash version you have installed does not mean it is working.
If the Adobe Flash Player was working correctly as you say, then the bouncing box animation should also work in the official Firefox app, as you said.

I was responding to your incorrect statement that Adobe Flash player did not work with Firefox Beta, and that Firefox Beta included it's own Flash player. Both statements are incorrect.

Now, the latest available Flash player is from Sep 2013 and may not play all Flash content. But you'll notice it's working in the second screen shot I posted under Verify if Flash is working section.

It also works on the majority of video streaming sites I use it for.

I'm not familiar with the FlashFox browser, but it could be doing server side rendering as a few other browsers do as well.

Most Flash content works on Dolphin/hacked flash and Firefox/official Flash, contrary to what you posted. I just wanted to clear that up for any others who may see your misinformation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xenyz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenyz Ad-Free
5th May 2014, 10:56 PM |#568  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
link doesn't work
APK download link doesn't work
6th May 2014, 12:01 AM |#569  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecolquitt

APK download link doesn't work

Google deleted it as it is copyrighted by Adobe. Can someone get an mega link up?
6th May 2014, 12:10 AM |#570  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Post #535 is where I found a working link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkp1cmzamk...W1EVWM5YlE.apk

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alicat876 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alicat876 Ad-Free
6th May 2014, 03:30 AM |#571  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Flash support in Firefox may be device (physically and o/s) and version dependent. I have no problem using Flash on my tablet with Ff-28 and yet the second I update to Ff-29 I can't use it anymore. I don't have any problems with Dolphin on my phone, but it seems slightly less stable than Ff-28 on the tablet so I'm fine with using the old version of Ff for those purposes. I believe FlashFox is simply Ff with flash baked in, and I'll be curious if they update to the latest stable branch while maintaining support for the same devices as Ff-28.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)