FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

How to replace Nexus 5 Housing Completely?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mr Heartless, Junior Member on 7th January 2018, 09:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear All,

I have my old trusty Nexus 5 lying around and I want to give it to a friend who has been without a phone for months.

The only issue is that the housing is in tatters, the power button became stuck first, then the sides of the phone by the volume buttons cracked and the buttons wore down on the inside and stuck on the volume down setting aswell.

If it is going to be in any shape to give to someone I need to replace the housing and possibly the battery as I had it for 4 years at the time I replaced it so I am certain the battery should be replaced.

Do you guys know what parts I would need to replace the housing+buttons+battery? I am flying blind here as all I see are Back covers and Digitizers on Amazon and Ebay.

I am pretty sure I can repair it myself once I can get the right parts to achieve the goal in mind.

Would very much appreciate your help and guidance.

Being a mother is hard so I'd like to ease her a bit by doing something nice.

Thanks in advance.

8th January 2018, 12:05 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,909

More
It may be simpler to by the LCD and frame as a pre-assembled unit; however, some third party screens do not support auto brightness and/or may not look as good as the original.

To replace the frame, you have to carefully separate the LCD from the frame.

Here's an example of the frame on eBay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-LG-Googl...UAAOSw5IJWd6eA

Volume buttons: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/POWER-SIDE-V...8AAOSwMmBVrK~9
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
11th January 2018, 11:46 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

It may be simpler to by the LCD and frame as a pre-assembled unit; however, some third party screens do not support auto brightness and/or may not look as good as the original.

To replace the frame, you have to carefully separate the LCD from the frame.

Hey thanks alot, do you have any recommendations for the LCD Frame combo? the ones I saw on Amazon are...less than inspiring. I'm assuming nowhere sells OEM parts for that at this point right?
12th January 2018, 03:28 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,909

More
I know of no place that sells the oem lcd and frame anymore. The phone is considered quite old the "cellular" world, unfortunately.

Maybe find a used Nexus 5 with damaged internals and a working screen?
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)