[Q] Impossible to flash bootloader/recovery/rom

Search This thread

RealMyop

Mar 28, 2014
Hi everyone !

Here I am in a really bad situation...
I bought a second hand phone with a rom issu and the guy who had it told me he ahd no time to waste trying to make it work again, I decided to buy it thinking that nothing could resist a factory reset via ADB.
But, and if I'm here today, it's because I'm in a such a situation, I need some help, and hope you guys can find a solution or at least some leads.
when I got it:
- model 16 GB D821
- The battery was not correctly attached in the phone (i did open it and put it back how it should be and seems to work)
- it is root, bootloader unlock, with Teamwin recovery version 2.6.3.2
- bootloader version HHZ11D

I can launch the teamwin recovery, it's asking for a password when it's starts, i don't know whay BUT I did a data format seeing that some people had some problem with it and did that to fix it
In Teamwin I got 0mb of storage and no OS installed, again it could be fixable via ADB

Now the best !

I can't flash anything on the phone. I can connect to it, it's well detected, I can control it (via ADB or Fastboot) and I can even had a temporary recovery with the nexus toolkit. but:

-Impossible to flash the bootloader, I do everything right, there is not "error" but at the end nothing changes, I'm back with the HHZ11D version and not the latest on I'm trying to get the HHZ11Z.
-Impossible to flash the recovery, same as the bootloader, version teamwin 2.6.3.2.
-impossible to flash a rom, and I don't have one anyway....

Here we are, I think I tried everything, but any clue would be appreciated. I hope I can fix this...

Thanks for your help.

And finally a picture of my fastboot -w when I do one, does it seem normal to you ?
Capture__cran_fastboot_-w.JPG

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Try in fastboot, fastboot oem lock. Then reboot and see if the bootloader is locked. I'm guessing it isn't and your emmc is bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: samersh72

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try in fastboot, fastboot oem lock. Then reboot and see if the bootloader is locked. I'm guessing it isn't and your emmc is bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5