FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

LG Nexus 5 - Overheating, Battery drain.

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By minun, Junior Member on 14th February 2018, 09:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Starting a month and half ago my LG Nexus 5 would get hot near the camera (Where the CPU is) and drain the battery unusually fast, even without an active app opened, now I can not keep it on outside because of the drain and even if it stays connected to a charger, it slowly builds a charge because of the drain.

I recently changed the battery and the problem continues to persist.

This started happening around when I went over all the settings in the phone and apps, I fear I might of turned on something that is causing it in the background but I can not figure out the exact problem.

Please help.

15th February 2018, 11:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 556

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minun

Starting a month and half ago my LG Nexus 5 would get hot near the camera (Where the CPU is) and drain the battery unusually fast, even without an active app opened, now I can not keep it on outside because of the drain and even if it stays connected to a charger, it slowly builds a charge because of the drain.

I recently changed the battery and the problem continues to persist.

This started happening around when I went over all the settings in the phone and apps, I fear I might of turned on something that is causing it in the background but I can not figure out the exact problem.

Please help.

Check the frequencies of the cpu, sometimes the minimum value gets stuck to a higher than needed frequency.
You can do so by using Kernel Auditor (root) or CPU-Z. Obviously if they're higher you'll need to set them lower, 300 MHz is the normal minimum freq. If that is not the case then install Gsam Battery Monitor and enable extra stats, you should be able to figure something out with that one app.
15th February 2018, 07:03 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriGiu

Check the frequencies of the cpu, sometimes the minimum value gets stuck to a higher than needed frequency.
You can do so by using Kernel Auditor (root) or CPU-Z. Obviously if they're higher you'll need to set them lower, 300 MHz is the normal minimum freq. If that is not the case then install Gsam Battery Monitor and enable extra stats, you should be able to figure something out with that one app.

thank you, it was the outlook app going rouge
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)