FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q]Light Leak & Speaker[Q]

689 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

Post Reply Email Thread
Purchased another Nexus 5 the other day, a black version, but when I got it I had to update to 4.2.2 from the box so I think it might have been a batch one device, also the speaker grills are the small ones.

At the top and bottom of the screen, a white bar is visible where the backlight is leaking. It doesn't affect the screen quality at all, and the light doesn't leak any further than the borders of the screen, but it's somewhat annoying at night. Also, it might sound silly but I do use the loudspeaker for gaming and for music sometimes. The one on mine is dreadful, just sounds tinny. Comparing it to my mothers and sisters, it sounds pretty much the same.. but with the larger holes on the newer model is it louder or any better in terms of quality?

Do the new batches have the light leak issue, I'm sure I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.

13th March 2014, 08:47 AM |#2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 326

More
It seems the 310 batch isn't the only one suffering from issues. Even newer batches have similar issues including button rattles, simtray, light bleeds,etc. It has nothing to do with any new revisions since there is non, its been on rev11 since the release.. Its just your luck.
13th March 2014, 08:48 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chelsea

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushako

It seems the 310 batch isn't the only one suffering from issues. Even newer batches have similar issues including button rattles, simtray, light bleeds,etc. It has nothing to do with any new revisions since there is non. Its just your luck.

Life on a sidenote, when your USB Cable is inserted does it feels loose? By this I mean does it freely move from left to right, or is it quite firm in the device? Although it's still hard to pull out, I find my cable feels quite loose at the connection point.
14th March 2014, 04:57 AM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 643

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaystott

Life on a sidenote, when your USB Cable is inserted does it feels loose? By this I mean does it freely move from left to right, or is it quite firm in the device? Although it's still hard to pull out, I find my cable feels quite loose at the connection point.

Yes. The "teeth" will hold the cable in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th March 2014, 09:00 AM |#5  
Flag Dubai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaystott

Yea it is lose. It holds on well but swings loose sideways. I tried using a Samsung charger and that manage to fit snuggly. I think its the micro USB of the charger that wears out after a while and not the port.
The Following User Says Thank You to bushako For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bushako Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 09:01 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chelsea

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yea it is lose. It holds on well but swings loose sideways. I tried using a Samsung charger and that manage to fit snuggly. I think its the micro USB of the charger that wears out after a while and not the port.

I think it's just a cheap cable, if you feel the cable compared to other OEM's it feels like cheap rubber though this has it's benefits! Might secretly swap my Dads Note 2 charger for it might seem trivial but it's one of those things that annoys me.
14th March 2014, 09:41 AM |#7  
Flag Dubai

More
Lol. That's the first thing I thought when I first took it out the box. I also thought they mistakenly placed a different charger, figured it ought to have a Nexus logo on it too. But yea I guess thats part of the " cutting corners" to bring down the price. You can swap your dads charger but hell have to probably spend double the charging time considering the LG charger delivers less Amps compared to the Note 2's.
14th March 2014, 09:44 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chelsea

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Lol. That's the first thing I thought when I first took it out the box. I also thought they mistakenly placed a different charger, figured it ought to have a Nexus logo on it too. But yea I guess thats part of the " cutting corners" to bring down the price. You can swap your dads charger but hell have to probably spend double the charging time considering the LG charger delivers less Amps compared to the Note 2's.

Things like that I think are just attention to detail and really mean a lot to me - but then again I'm purchasing an amazing device for £289. Would have preferred it if they started the prices at £329 and cut a few less corners. Can't be avoided at this price though, I guess.

Already switched the cables out. I was already using a Samsung wall connecter, he was using an old HTC charger, so his charge time shouldn't change. It's still a little loose but is much firmer again the phone, much better
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)