Nexus 5 battery

Search This thread

dhinged

May 5, 2011
I bought the Nexus 5 to test apps on, and have left it sitting to test the battery (no non-stock apps installed), and it's been going for 3 days and is at 70% battery. That's phenomenal to me. I haven't activated it on a carrier yet, so maybe that's the reason, but Cell Standby in Battery Usage is saying about 15%, which is about normal on other phones I've seen.

I'm used to Verizon devices which last a day for phones and about 4 days for a tablet, so maybe it's just Verizon.

Can someone clarify on how good this battery actually is? Is it just that it's not attached to a carrier yet?

kilowatt95

Feb 7, 2014
Singapore-Kuala Lumpur
Standby battery life is pretty good. However if you use the phone a lot expect to see diminishing returns real fast. the most I've got is 5 hours over WiFi but I believe it's possible to get more mileage. Though that would IMO involve the crippling of the phone functionality

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

ConorCX

Jan 20, 2013
I agree. Battery life when actively using the device is the only thing that let this phone down. I've also found that idling on the phone is rather good.

Sent from my Nexus 5

D

Darth

Try the battery thread in my signature for help.

And try the battery thread in general to see what some others get for battery life. 3 or 4 hours screen time is about the average with "everything on"... And many get 5 to 6 hours screen time by doing some of the things in Posts 2 and 3 in the Battery thread in my signature.

The N5 battery may be average compared to similar devices with similar specs and battery sizes... But like all devices, it can be made to last much longer if that's a priority for you. ?

Just takes some tweaking, sacrifice and effort.