Nexus 5 on Cricket Wireless

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By FunDionysus, Member on 13th January 2015, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2015, 09:54 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Just follow the online instructions and guidelines . I do a lot online and seen quite a few that won't ship to a different address than bill to. Or to a po box. I used to sell a lot on line as well. And ran into people trying to.pull non sense with po box or different billing and shipping addresses . in no way am I saying you are trying to pull any non sense. Just saying I can understand why they do it that way.

7th May 2015, 04:33 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hmmm... I just got a text from StraightTalk. They are upping my full-speed data allowance to 5GB/m. Gotta love competition. I'm still porting this line to Cricket at the end of the month, though.
7th May 2015, 09:18 PM |#103  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Choose your poison
As stated, unable to get Cricket Wireless online to send me a SIM as credit card billing address is a PO Box. and online doesn;t support a separate shipping address.

ST BYOP now 5GB/month for $42.50 (with auto pay). Will entertain moving again in one month.

With Cricket for add'l $13.50 will get you add'l 5GB. But with Cricket you get no voice/text roaming, likely higher latency and throttle to 8mb/s.

But with Cricket when run out of data can add data at 1GB increments at $10/GB.

With ST, when run out of data throttled way down to 64kb/s for remainder of 30days or until purchase another 30day card.

Choose your poison.
8th May 2015, 01:27 AM |#104  

More
Cricket is the way to go. Stt doesn't roam either. You just pay more for the service. If you think you won't be happy with 8mbps . I wouldn't go to cricket. Never a problem here. Even on H I stream video just fine.
8th May 2015, 09:27 PM |#105  
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 862

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike102871

Cricket is the way to go. Stt doesn't roam either. You just pay more for the service. If you think you won't be happy with 8mbps . I wouldn't go to cricket. Never a problem here. Even on H I stream video just fine.

Just so I understand this "roaming" talk regarding Cricket as a new customer in the USA. Am I correct that as with the bigger company/plans in understanding as long as we are within the states that we won't incur any roaming charges or is there something more I need to know or setup on my phone to prevent any charges?
8th May 2015, 09:38 PM |#106  

More
On cricket you will not roam. You will only use the att towers. I've only encountered 1 short area of no service. That's always been a dead area here for me on any carrier I've used
The Following User Says Thank You to mike102871 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mike102871 Ad-Free
18th May 2015, 04:42 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I ported my line over to Cricket's $35/month (with auto pay) plan from the T-Mobile $30 plan today. I'm doing it for a few months while I'll need better rural coverage from AT&T. The number port was immediate, and everything seems to be working as expected. No issues on my Nexus 5, MMS and data working out of the box with my new Cricket SIM.

Wanted to chime in just in case anybody else is on the fence about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mathcolo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mathcolo Ad-Free
18th May 2015, 09:57 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcolo

I ported my line over to Cricket's $35/month (with auto pay) plan from the T-Mobile $30 plan today. I'm doing it for a few months while I'll need better rural coverage from AT&T. The number port was immediate, and everything seems to be working as expected. No issues on my Nexus 5, MMS and data working out of the box with my new Cricket SIM.

Wanted to chime in just in case anybody else is on the fence about this.

Does Cricket have some form of visual voicemail as a standard feature, by chance?

EDIT:
Nevermind, looking at their website right now, apparently they do. Wow, this 'Google' thing could really catch on one of these days
19th May 2015, 12:13 AM |#109  

More
I use you mail . its pretty cool
19th May 2015, 03:11 AM |#110  
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 862

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike102871

I use you mail . its pretty cool

Heard of that.. I think... But unsure what advantage it has? Can you somehow set it up to dictate voice-mail like the "full" visual voice-mail giving it in text format?
19th May 2015, 06:31 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I use Google Voice. It transcribes your VM and emails/texts you the message.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I just had the dumbest interaction ever with Cricket support via chat. I was trying to add the fifth line and order a SIM. The website kept giving me the error "This address has already been used for the maximum number of orders". The chat guy said I had to go into a store to get the fifth card. I was like, "Aren't they going to charge me $25 for that?" He says, yeah, that's the only way to add another line.

So I told him I had exhausted his helpfulness, and closed the chat. Then I changed the billing address of my CC to my work, and proceeded to order the fifth card from the Cricket website, thus time without the error.

These people are turning away money?!?! It's crazy to have to jump through hoops to pay someone money for something.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, cricket wireless, nexus 5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)