Nexus 5 dead, question about RMA.

Search This thread

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Hi guys,

Device has been acted weird lately, sometimes the power button wouldn't turn the screen on and yesterday night after a phone call my phone shut down and never turned on back. I tried all steps possible, no success so far. Only thing is, I don't have the original usb, to charge it not sure if it affects. My question is, my device was rooted/flashed before it died, when on RMA, will they know it was under that condition?

Thank you

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
your EMMC sounds like it died, No worries it happens its like SSD's some units fail after a certain time and some units work perfectly right out of the box

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Hi guys,

Device has been acted weird lately, sometimes the power button wouldn't turn the screen on and yesterday night after a phone call my phone shut down and never turned on back. I tried all steps possible, no success so far. Only thing is, I don't have the original usb, to charge it not sure if it affects. My question is, my device was rooted/flashed before it died, when on RMA, will they know it was under that condition?

Thank you

They won't care about the software state on a hardware fault. Secondly, in the past they cross-ship the replacement and have you use the same box for return shipping, and you keep the accessories, they only want the device. Good luck!

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks guys, only thing that will suck and all the time spent on the device rooting/flashing/customizing :(