FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 5 - revival

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By futureimpact, Junior Member on 8th March 2018, 06:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I used Nexus 5 from 2013 until S8 was released. I got the S8 from Samsung but kept N5 as backup.

Now I am planning to sell S8 at a loss to cover up other expenses.

Here are my issues
1) I used the Nexus 5 completely stock (No, I am not light hearted, i was doing way too much mod on previous android/apple, but cut all those fun to concentrate on other things in life)
2) Now the battery is pretty bad on N5 (lets just say i get 1.5 hour on screen or 12 hours of battery life or 2 hours of talk time before I need charge)

What I need your help
1) Need a rom/kernel (just point me the thread), which is stable and good in battery. I dont do games, very little youtube, lots of web browsing
2) Need a battery (all i see in amazon has mixed reviews)
3) I think i used Titanium or some thing for recovery or backup, if you can point me to the one which just works it would be great.

All I need is a reliable phone to talk, browse and light video watch. No fancy pants on latest android is needed.
If stock is what you are suggesting, I am okay with that too (I am not sure if there are app dependency on OS versions). Its been 4 years I am out of any technical stuff I used to play with. So please go easy.

I know its almost 5 yo device, but any help is appreciated.

8th March 2018, 06:44 PM |#2  
Flag middlesbrough
Thanks Meter: 188

More
If you want something thing that works all the time stick with stock if not go with 7.1.2 with elemental X kernel and as for battery try replacebase.com they do good parts and battery's and I used them myself when I had the Nexus 4.on stock I get 3 to 4 hours from full charge to flat on custom setup I average the same so the preference is up to you
8th March 2018, 11:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,435

More
I've seen a couple posts about this on nexus5 subreddit, and most of the highly upvoted posts were for official LineageOS 14.1, Opengapps, and elementalx kernel

Personally I've used EucOS and dark ROM but if you want absolute reliability I'd go with the above

Coming back from the S8 to the N5 must hurt a bit, though

Btw this really should be in the Q&A forum...
13th March 2018, 02:43 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenyz

I've seen a couple posts about this on nexus5 subreddit, and most of the highly upvoted posts were for official LineageOS 14.1, Opengapps, and elementalx kernel

Personally I've used EucOS and dark ROM but if you want absolute reliability I'd go with the above

Coming back from the S8 to the N5 must hurt a bit, though

Btw this really should be in the Q&A forum...

Thanks!
I am not sure how would I move the thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)