FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Nexus 5 wallpaper resolution?

947 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By Ryjabo, Senior Member on 4th March 2014, 11:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What is the resolution for the N5's viewable screen area? I want to make some custom wallpapers but I'm trying to find the best wallpaper resolution for them... the portrait size.

Thanks!

4th March 2014, 11:21 PM |#2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 486

More
At the risk of being enabling, 1080x1920.
4th March 2014, 11:31 PM |#3  
Flag VA Beach
Thanks Meter: 148

More
I'm not sure if the stock launcher lets you set static wallpapers though. If you're trying to fit it in that cross, you're going to have to make it bigger than 1080x1920. Sure you can find a template somewhere. Or use a different launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stealyourface For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stealyourface Ad-Free
5th March 2014, 05:51 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjabo

What is the resolution for the N5's viewable screen area? I want to make some custom wallpapers but I'm trying to find the best wallpaper resolution for them... the portrait size.

Still have no N5, but I might tell you about another android device I have.
I made double width size wallpaper and it asked to trim it. So far, so good.
To make jpg I used imagemagic remotelly with something like:
convert -size 2160x1920 xc:"#color" background.jpg
If this method fails, you could always try again.
Best regards.
18th April 2017, 10:48 AM |#5  
Flag St. Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just run a bunch of tests on my Nexus 5x (the screen size is the same as Nexus 5) using an image with a grid and I thought I should write down my findings here.

I have icons on two screens, so it is asymmetric: I have my main screen and a screen on the right, there is no screen on the left. The image has to be a little larger so that it scrolls nicely. The thing is that my phone shows _the middle_ of the image on the main screen. So the main screen is 1920×1080, when I scroll right 60 more pixels on the right become visible. Since there is nowhere to scroll left, 60 leftmost pixels of the image are never visible.

To sum up: one needs a 1920×1200 image (1200 = 60 + 1080 + 60). Leftmost 60 pixels are never visible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)