Pinned Music after Flashing

Search This thread

The0Code

Nov 2, 2010
Just wondering if there's any workaround to this but obviously, whenever flashing a fresh new rom and fully wiping the phone, all music pinned to Google Play Music becomes unpinned and have to be repinned again which can be annoying if you're a rom junkie. I used to move around on roms more frequently but my library is just too big now and switching roms becomes this huge task.

I was just wondering if there was anyway at all to keep pinned music on Google Play Music on the phone after clean flashing a new rom? (Other than moving the music manually to the phone via USB ofc, I still want to use the cloud).

Thanks in advance.

The0Code

Nov 2, 2010
Are you not restoring a titanium backup??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Restoring through TB doesn't restore the pinned tracks I don't think. I haven't tried that in a while but the short amount of time it takes to back up Google Play Music alone shows it doesn't work I think. Also, the back up size is much too small so I'm pretty sure that doesn't work :/

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Where does it store it?

Maybe titaniums "backup external data" covers it?

If Not, I could probably write you a couple of bash shell scripts to run that would move it to and from /sdcard but may aswell manually the data.

The0Code

Nov 2, 2010
Where does it store it?

Maybe titaniums "backup external data" covers it?

If Not, I could probably write you a couple of bash shell scripts to run that would move it to and from /sdcard but may aswell manually the data.

I just tried the external data preference and the backups are still only 7MB total which is farrrr to small consideirng i've pinned 10GB+ of music. Anyhow, the problem is the pinned music does not show up in plain sight on the internal storage so moving them manually isn't really an option. Google Play Music hides/encrpyts it somehow I guess. I would hate to make you go through that, I'm sure someone has found a solution to this already hahahah

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
I just tried the external data preference and the backups are still only 7MB total which is farrrr to small consideirng i've pinned 10GB+ of music. Anyhow, the problem is the pinned music does not show up in plain sight on the internal storage so moving them manually isn't really an option. Google Play Music hides/encrpyts it somehow I guess. I would hate to make you go through that, I'm sure someone has found a solution to this already hahahah

Meh, it's easier than you think

I just pinned some music.

The files are not encrypted By the way.

They're stored /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music

Also the fact they're pinned is stored in a data base table data/data/com.google.android.music/databases/music.db in the "keepon" table

Im not sure if titanium backs up the databases but a simple set of scripts would be

Backup

mv /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music/* /sdcard/playbackup/music
mv /data/data/com.google.android.music/databases/* /sdcard/playbackup/databases

Restore

mv /sdcard/playbackup/music/* /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music
mv /sdcard/playbackup/databases/* /data/data/com.google.android.music/databases

Last edited:
Reactions: Silentbob999

The0Code

Nov 2, 2010

Also the fact they're pinned is stored in a data base table data/data/com.google.android.music/databases/music.db in the "keepon" table

Im not sure if titanium backs up the databases but a simple set of scripts would be

Backup

Restore

Well I'm sort of a noob when it comes to the deeper parts of android like writing scripts lol How would you suggest I go about this? Looking at music.db, it's 7MB which is the same size as the TB backup that was made so maybe TB IS the answer? hahah not even sure at this point...

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Not quite able to copy it, not getting the option.

Thats just your choice of file manager. I've moved the files out and back using root explorer. I've played them from the sdcard too. I've proved the concept. You just need to test for yourself and see what works best for you

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Here are some scripts. Really basic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgbok8hlze0w2zq/ScriptManager.zip

Unzip them wherever and run them with script manager. You'll need give the scripts root permissions within script manager. It's free on play

Reactions: Silentbob999

Silentbob999

Apr 6, 2012
Montréal
Thats just your choice of file manager. I've moved the files out and back using root explorer. I've played them from the sdcard too. I've proved the concept. You just need to test for yourself and see what works best for you

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Unzip them wherever and run them with script manager. You'll need give the scripts root permissions within script manager. It's free on play

I am not using online Google music at all but what you did there is really good ?

Tapatalked with SlimKated NexusFive

Reactions: danarama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Backup

Restore

Not quite able to copy it, not getting the option.

I am not using online Google music at all but what you did there is really good ?

Tapatalked with SlimKated NexusFive