FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Resurrection remix oreo VS aosp extended

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By YayJohn, Junior Member on 14th April 2018, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I heard there are less features in aosp, what are they also what is the battery life and performance

14th April 2018, 11:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
what about it?? what do you want to know??
15th April 2018, 06:05 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidbot1337

what about it?? what do you want to know??

Features, I heard there are less on aosp, what are they? Battery life and performance
16th April 2018, 08:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayJohn

Features, I heard there are less on aosp, what are they? Battery life and performance

well, since i have some time between school and work i guess i can answer this. in the world of custom ROMs there are 2 types. the first are the ROMs that add few features and customization/modifications to AOSP. these include Cypher, Paranoid Android etc. then there are those that throw everything including the kitchen sink into the ROM.

both RR and AOSP Ex are the latter. these two ROMs pack the most mods out of all other ROMs.... or at least they used to. AOSP Ex has thankfully slimmed down the amount of mods in their ROM and have made it very efficient. its my proffered ROM.

many of the mods on RR are useless to me but to others they arent so if you like mods, enjoy! many of the mods used by both these ROMs can be installed by using xposed and gravitybox so you can just use any other ROM or just plain AOSP.

btw, RR was/is based on LineageOS (im not sure if it still is) while AOSP Ex is obviously based on AOSP. i prefer AOSP based ROMs but to each their own! anyway, i got about an hour before work so im gonna get a bite. i hope this helps and if not, google is your friend!..... also xda!....... and i might help out again if i have free time. cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to droidbot1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidbot1337 Ad-Free
17th April 2018, 03:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My opinion.
They play in different leagues. RR contains practically all (or almost all) the functions created in the community whereas AEX contains many less, let's say that its package in terms of functions and personalization is "medium" while RR is "large".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)