Screen shuts off immediately

Search This thread

rain175

Mar 13, 2007
So, I broke my screen. Being A+ certified, I don't mind replacing it myself, which is what I did. Even though I have never opened the phone before following the guide was simple, and everything worked just fine... I turned it on and viola! Screen looked great, wifi working, LTE working!

Then I tried to open Hangouts to answer a text from my wife, and the screen shut off like I hit the lock button. Hitting the power button brought the screen back up, but now when I try to unlock it, the screen shuts off like I hit the power button. After a couple of restart this happens with all apps, third party and google. So, I took out the power button and used a tool to turn the phone on, thinking the physical button was depressing the button on the mobo. That didn't help. Then I booted into safe mode, no dice, did the same thing. So I did a factory reset, because I got into fast boot mode with no issues, and screen never timed out. After the factory reset, I got the screen that asked me to choose a language, and as soon as I pressed english the screen shut off. Now, pressing the power button brings the screen back, but then it immediately shuts off again like I was constantly pressing the button.

Anyone have any ideas?

I also should add that I tried putting back all the components in the original broke screen housing, and had the same problem...

Last edited:

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I had the same problem with an lg g2 might be something wrong with mobo or some kinda hardware problem try finding a replacement mobo they are probably not that expensive

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rain175

Mar 13, 2007
I had the same problem with an lg g2 might be something wrong with mobo or some kinda hardware problem try finding a replacement mobo they are probably not that expensive

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would imagine a replacement mobo would be very expensive since that is what is carrying the proc, memory, radio, ect ect ect... Basically everything on the phone is on the mobo. I couldn't find one in a quick search anyway...