FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen Turns On By Itself

298 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By xda6969, Senior Member on 17th February 2016, 12:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Occasionally, my phone screen will turn as I take it out of my pocket. It only stays on for about a sec. This just started happening about 2 weeks ago. I'm running 6. Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

18th February 2016, 10:24 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,555

More
Probably a feature of your rom or from one of your apps.
Hard to tell you what it is so you have to dig.
18th February 2016, 01:08 PM |#3  
Flag In the middle of nowhere.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda6969

Occasionally, my phone screen will turn as I take it out of my pocket. It only stays on for about a sec. This just started happening about 2 weeks ago. I'm running 6. Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Probably your power on/off button is dying and it's pressing itself. This started happening to me a short time before the button died and i had to replace it. I was lucky because my phone was running stock and it was still under guarantee.
If your phone is still under guarantee, i suggest you to flash the stock factory image, as if you will send your phone to lg to service it, they won't repair it for free if u did any modification to the phone that void the guarantee. (unlocking the bootloader and rooting do)
19th February 2016, 10:02 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_bo

Probably your power on/off button is dying and it's pressing itself. This started happening to me a short time before the button died and i had to replace it. I was lucky because my phone was running stock and it was still under guarantee.
If your phone is still under guarantee, i suggest you to flash the stock factory image, as if you will send your phone to lg to service it, they won't repair it for free if u did any modification to the phone that void the guarantee. (unlocking the bootloader and rooting do)

That's probably it. I'm all stock also but it's not bad enough to switch it for a refurb or have to re-install and re-enter all my settings. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)