Thanks Meter: 17

By Caebron, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 07:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2014, 08:33 PM |#11  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
OP give more details about your phone. is it unlocked/rooted or custom Rom? Google replaces unlocked/ re-locked phones anyways, I think it wouldn't hurt to reflash stock image.

22nd February 2014, 08:33 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

what app were you using to listen to music with? and why would you press the power button to change the station?

Spotify. And I wasn't pushing the power button to change the station, I pushed the power button to turn the phone on so that I could change the station. There is not much interaction possible while the screen is turned off

With any luck it wont happen again. Although I dont normally rely on luck much.
22nd February 2014, 08:35 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,923

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron

Spotify. And I wasn't pushing the power button to change the station, at least directly. I pushed the power button to turn the phone on so that I could change the station. There is not much interaction possible while the screen is turned off

With any luck it wont happen again. Although I dont normally rely on luck much.

it couldve been just a derp as well. if it happens again, post it in this thread.
22nd February 2014, 08:59 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Quote:

i wouldnt say its googles issue. id say its an issue of app coding.

I Think Google should fix it I have never experienced this sort of issue on other Android devices but it seems very present in Nexus devices especially pandora and sometimes snapchat
22nd February 2014, 09:03 PM |#15  
BROOKLYN!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

I Think Google should fix it I have never experienced this sort of issue on other Android devices but it seems very present in Nexus devices especially pandora and sometimes snapchat

ive never experienced it on my n5. i use pandora often, never an issue. are you undervolting by chance? or it could be your setup(what apps you chose to install as well).
23rd February 2014, 12:38 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

ive never experienced it on my n5. i use pandora often, never an issue. are you undervolting by chance? or it could be your setup(what apps you chose to install as well).

No I'm completely stock I am however using this equalizer app maybe thats the root cause?
23rd February 2014, 12:54 AM |#17  
BROOKLYN!

More
Quote:

No I'm completely stock I am however using this equalizer app maybe thats the root cause?

possibly. try without it for 2 days or so.
8th May 2014, 04:29 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

possibly. try without it for 2 days or so.

Just FYI, the problem stopped after flashing a new ROM and Kernel (from Franco's Kernel to Cyanogenmod Kernel). Been running Cyanogenmod for a few weeks now and I haven't had the problem since.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caebron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Caebron Ad-Free
8th May 2014, 08:57 PM |#19  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:

I don't think it's Google's responsibility to fix 3rd party apps.
9th May 2014, 01:18 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

I don't think it's Google's responsibility to fix 3rd party apps.

I think the issue isn't with third party apps its with Android itself

Android OEMS such as Samsung,LG and HTC, Sony have all this fixed
I own a LG G2 and a Samsung Galaxy s4 and both are on 4.4.2 and they always respond when I wake the screen

my Nexus 5 on the other hand 100% stock with the same app's loaded has troubles and requires a reboot atleast twice per week
9th May 2014, 12:30 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,474

Donate to Me
More
SOD can be linked to 3rd party apps. I often had SODs while having AcDisplay app so any lockscreen app can be suspicious.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)