slimport not working after 4.4.3 update

Search This thread

nadrojcote

Aug 5, 2011
Since updating to 4.4.3 slimport has stopped working on my n5. I have tried stock kernel and elementalx kernel and neither display any video. I have also tried a friends n5 with the two slimport adapters I have and it doesn't work either. I have tested them with a stock g2 and it works with the adapters. I currently have a gadget zone and a patec both bought off amazon.

Has anyone else tested slimport since the 4.3.3 update. If so with what adapters?

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Since updating to 4.4.3 slimport has stopped working on my n5. I have tried stock kernel and elementals kernel and neither display any video. I have also tried a friends n5 with the two slimport adapters I have and it doesn't work either. I have tested them with a stock g2 and it works with the adapters. I currently have a gadget zone and a patec both bought off amazon.

Has anyone else tested slimport since the 4.3.3 update. If so with what adapters?

Elementalx has an update to fix slim port released yesterday / today

Reactions: nadrojcote

nadrojcote

Aug 5, 2011
That did the trick, thanks! So why would the stock 4.4.3 not work? Does google have it disabled?

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
There is a new thing in the 4.4.3 update that requires userspace to enable detection of the slimport cable (utterly STUPID!!).

This should to be in the kernel's ramdisk:

# enable slimport detection
write /sys/module/slimport/parameters/enable_irq 1

You can do it manually like this:

echo 1 > /sys/module/slimport/parameters/enable_irq

Reactions: danarama

nabulaer

Apr 21, 2005
on 4.4.4 checked the init.hammerhead.rc and the line exist :

also cat /sys/module/slimport/parameters/enable_irq show Y

but still the slimport to VGA adapter does not display on monitor.
when connected it show as if there is a signal ( LG no signal disappear) in tinted black , but the phone display is not shown on the screen and the layout of the phone is portrait and does not flip to landscape . who to fix it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since updating to 4.4.3 slimport has stopped working on my n5. I have tried stock kernel and elementals kernel and neither display any video. I have also tried a friends n5 with the two slimport adapters I have and it doesn't work either. I have tested them with a stock g2 and it works with the adapters. I currently have a gadget zone and a patec both bought off amazon.

Elementalx has an update to fix slim port released yesterday / today
    There is a new thing in the 4.4.3 update that requires userspace to enable detection of the slimport cable (utterly STUPID!!).

This should to be in the kernel's ramdisk:

You can do it manually like this:

echo 1 > /sys/module/slimport/parameters/enable_irq