Speaker replacement?

Search This thread

ohiojosh78

Nov 3, 2013
Just wondering but since I got my N5 and GF got Moto X on Monday, I can really tell the difference in speaker quality between the two and I use my phone to play music quite a bit. Has anyone just replaced the speaker in the phone? Is it even possible to purchase the tiny phone speakers separately?

ohiojosh78

Nov 3, 2013
OK, so you point me to an old thread that has no real information besides a few people saying they haven't tried it. Thanks.:good:

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Your best bet is a pair of external speakers IMO. Otherwise software mods can push the built-in a bit further.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ohiojosh78

Nov 3, 2013
Your best bet is a pair of external speakers IMO. Otherwise software mods can push the built-in a bit further.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks
I was afraid of that. After watching a few teardown videos, it doesn't look like just any other cell phone speaker would fit. Seems like a proprietary setup.

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Just wondering but since I got my N5 and GF got Moto X on Monday, I can really tell the difference in speaker quality between the two and I use my phone to play music quite a bit. Has anyone just replaced the speaker in the phone? Is it even possible to purchase the tiny phone speakers separately?

If your willing to root your phone then install Viper4Android. No need for any other change. Check out the dedicated N5 and Viper4Android thread in this forums themes and apps section. The difference will be stunning for speakers, earplugs and bluetooth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: ohiojosh78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If your willing to root your phone then install Viper4Android. No need for any other change. Check out the dedicated N5 and Viper4Android thread in this forums themes and apps section. The difference will be stunning for speakers, earplugs and bluetooth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app