[Q] Has anyone switched to HTC One M8?

Search This thread

mrc87

Jul 5, 2010
Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of switching to the new One m8, has anyone done that? I saw a thread speaking of the old One, I'm curious about the new one. At my local Best Buy they only have the amber version and it can't even be turned on...
I would switch mainly for the materials it is built with but also I would like to try a different skin and the extra things this brings with it.
So... Has anyone passed to the new One?

Reactions: aiiee

kernelhackx

Apr 10, 2014
Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of switching to the new One m8, has anyone done that? I saw a thread speaking of the old One, I'm curious about the new one. At my local Best Buy they only have the amber version and it can't even be turned on...
I would switch mainly for the materials it is built with but also I would like to try a different skin and the extra things this brings with it.

Im about too, and yeah I would like to have a different feel on a phone, based on reviews its a good phone but also has some flaws like the camera, etc. And it also comes in a hefty price. But, its a good phone thats why I'll jump to it, anyways I'm still keeping my N5 so no loses for me. If I get bored with the M8 then I'll sell it. Lol!

Reactions: aiiee
J

justinisloco

Hey everyone,

It startes getting really good toward the end...

But also, one reccomendation is to look at the HTC M8 Forums, If you check here, it will be (Mostly) people who may have tried it, but ended up not keeping it

Over there, youll get people who actually have it, and may have came from the N5

Personally, I had played with my friends, and I think its really cool, I love it, but I'd miss the "clean feel" of the N5

Last edited:

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I suggest going to ATT store to play with a real one, I was quite impressed. The only thing that bothered me was like the bottom speaker, htc logo, and then the softkeys. No real reason for the htc logo in that big of an area. If I could afford it I would buy it in all honesty.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
I suggest going to ATT store to play with a real one, I was quite impressed. The only thing that bothered me was like the bottom speaker, htc logo, and then the softkeys. No real reason for the htc logo in that big of an area. If I could afford it I would buy it in all honesty.

From what I've read the bezel is big because the front facing speakers are utilizing that space.

Either way, it's a nice looking phone but I'll stick with my Nexus 5 until the next Nexus comes out.

sent from my neXus 5

mrc87

Jul 5, 2010
I too read that they had to keep the black bar with the logo for antennas and circuits... Too bad, it would have been better without but still, comparing it to the nexus 5, it's probably just half an inch taller.
Anyway, I went on and bought it, it should arrive tomorrow!

josemedina1983

Jul 15, 2008
Los Angeles
After the Nexus 4 and 5 price I can't see my self spending 500 bucks or more on a phone. Also I hate leaving my phones naked and it kinda kills the purpose of buying such a nice build phone.

movielover76

Jan 3, 2011
Cherry Hill, NJ
OnePlus 7T
nope

[QRCODE][/QRCODE]
To me its not worth the price when I already have a nexus 5
Practically the same processor ram screen size plus HTC bloat
And the camera is worse IMHO
I'm expected to pay a $300 premium for front facing speakers and metal casing that I would cover up with a case anyway. No thanks

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I too read that they had to keep the black bar with the logo for antennas and circuits... Too bad, it would have been better without but still, comparing it to the nexus 5, it's probably just half an inch taller.
Anyway, I went on and bought it, it should arrive tomorrow!

I personally am excited for you. Some blogger on techradar said he returned his within the first hour and a half due to the camera. But the actual techradar website gave the m8 an awesome review and so has anyone else with any credability just like the one m7. To each his own. I hope you enjoy it because I sure want one.

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
Not buying m8 or s5 I can over clock my nexus 5 to 2.5 and it will be faster than s5 about the m8 I never liked HTC I don't like the metal design it scratches to easy and I like the looks of the nexus 5 simple basic not to flashy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrc87

Jul 5, 2010
I personally am excited for you. Some blogger on techradar said he returned his within the first hour and a half due to the camera. But the actual techradar website gave the m8 an awesome review and so has anyone else with any credability just like the one m7. To each his own. I hope you enjoy it because I sure want one.

Hey thanks!
I never use the camera on any phone... I'm just not the kind of person that takes many pictures... That's why the camera part is the one that I care the least about.
I am more interested in the overall quality and battery life, which my nexus 5 has been disappointing me lately (very unstable, one day fine the next a disaster).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,
    Hey everyone,

Im about too, and yeah I would like to have a different feel on a phone, based on reviews its a good phone but also has some flaws like the camera, etc. And it also comes in a hefty price. But, its a good phone thats why I'll jump to it, anyways I'm still keeping my N5 so no loses for me. If I get bored with the M8 then I'll sell it. Lol!