I want to know your opinion XDA

Search This thread

PowkyE

Mar 8, 2014
Hi everyone, my name is Powky and I'm new here on the XDA forums.
Well... I was thinking and want to know your opinion about the idea.
My idea is: create a ROM based on iOS7. Yes, I know, many people think about that (and is possible to be some ROM iOS based but I don't know it), but I have to tell something, I wish to do a ROM based on the look of iOS7 in ALL the aspects, ALL!
The animations, the icons, the style, etc.. Just all.
I am... New? Well, I'm new on the forums but I have all the basic stuff to know about Android and some medium ones.
And I need a little favor, if you guys can please tell me all the basic stuff about create a ROM, thinks to study first, and all about developing ROM...
Wish to you guys agree with this idea to make this imagination to reality.
Good night to everybody ?

(Sorry if you guys don't understand my English, I speak Spanish ?)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrvtec69

Apr 26, 2011
why dont u buy an iphone then, if u want all aspects of ios7, closest thing youll get is Miui V6 rom

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
Don't be rude mvr...

PowkyE: Thats already exist, its called Miui. But learning its always great, dont dessist

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
When I see (or hear) the letter "i" followed by any word whatsoever, my entire body contorts grotesquely and I start whispering gibberish to myself. So, thanks. Yeah, thanks a lot, Pal.

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

OP. Don't even think about it. Apples lawyers will eat you. That would be patent/copyright infringement. I mean if they can patent rounded corners they can do anything.:rolleyes:

Reactions: PhilipTD

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi everyone, my name is Powky and I'm new here on the XDA forums.
Well... I was thinking and want to know your opinion about the idea.
My idea is: create a ROM based on iOS7. Yes, I know, many people think about that (and is possible to be some ROM iOS based but I don't know it), but I have to tell something, I wish to do a ROM based on the look of iOS7 in ALL the aspects, ALL!
The animations, the icons, the style, etc.. Just all.
I am... New? Well, I'm new on the forums but I have all the basic stuff to know about Android and some medium ones.
And I need a little favor, if you guys can please tell me all the basic stuff about create a ROM, thinks to study first, and all about developing ROM...
Wish to you guys agree with this idea to make this imagination to reality.
Good night to everybody ��

(Sorry if you guys don't understand my English, I speak Spanish ��)

Here are some IOS 7 launchers to start with https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ios 7 launcher&hl=nl. Look on Google for everything about how to build android roms. Plenty info available.

Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I can understand that people like iOS UI but what is the aim of building a complete 'iOS ROM'?
As suggested you should first try xposed modules, launchers, icon packs, custom themes...

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
Don't be rude mvr...

He didn't seem rude to me. He asked a question and then suggested an alternative. And it was a legitimate question. The OP stated he wanted to create a ROM the same as IOS7 in ALL aspects (his emphasis). It really does beg the question why not just get an iPhone in the first place. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't get it.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
He didn't seem rude to me. He asked a question and then suggested an alternative. And it was a legitimate question. The OP stated he wanted to create a ROM the same as IOS7 in ALL aspects (his emphasis). It really does beg the question why not just get an iPhone in the first place. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't get it.

I understand your point of view toward their reactions, but if it was the first time that someone gives that type of answers to a new-comming OP, it would be more acceptable. However, whenever someone comes with the idea of porting or creating a OEM Rom to the affordable and very open source Nexus 5, there you will find a anti-development crew suggesting to buy a much more expensive device as a solution. Why not tell them the reasons of why it's difficult to port a Rom or where to look for help, instead of telling to spend their school money?
I could be wrong, but I ts not so welcoming for them.

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
I understand your point of view toward their reactions, but if it was the first time that someone gives that type of answers to a new-comming OP, it would be more acceptable. However, whenever someone comes with the idea of porting or creating a OEM Rom to the affordable and very open source Nexus 5, there you will find a anti-development crew suggesting to buy a much more expensive device as a solution. Why not tell them the reasons of why it's difficult to port a Rom or where to look for help, instead of telling to spend their school money?
I could be wrong, but I ts not so welcoming for them.

Point taken.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Maybe because it's puny.

That's true. I guess if Apple made a thinner, lighter phone with a larger screen fewer people would be looking for a ported IOS rom.

PowkyE

Mar 8, 2014
Well, it's OK...
Another point I want to take is the fact of the iOS launchers... There are all buggy, I want to make the ROM completely like iOS7 and I don't want to buy a iPhone (as my "friend" mrv said) because one thing: why I should to buy an iPhone of 700$ to have the ui when I have another phone with the price of 400-500$ and better than the iPhone?
That's my point of view, and you're all right, there is MIUI but I was using the launcher and is not completely like I want it...
So... I only want opinions, I will try to do it, I don't care if there are apple-haters... I don't really like the iPhone because there are to small, to close and all that ****, the only thing I like (and not only me) is the ui, and I want to ported for my beautiful android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I see (or hear) the letter "i" followed by any word whatsoever, my entire body contorts grotesquely and I start whispering gibberish to myself. So, thanks. Yeah, thanks a lot, Pal.
    Don't be rude mvr...

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

OP. Don't even think about it. Apples lawyers will eat you. That would be patent/copyright infringement. I mean if they can patent rounded corners they can do anything.:rolleyes: