FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

A weird battery problem.

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By burakkazel, Junior Member on 8th March 2018, 11:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I confronted a weird battery problem. Before this problem started, my nexus 5's screen was flickering. I researched and the flex cable was the reason of problem. I replaced it with a new one. Now my led light colors has changed. This can be acceptable but there is one big problem. Whenever I charged the phone fully, and plug it out, using some apps and whenever I use social media apps such as Instagram, Twitter, screen freezes and sometimes it reboots itself. Always this problem occurs when charge is over %60. However, when it is under %60 everything works normal. And when I plug in charge, it also freezes for a while. It's been approximately 3 years and 8 months since I bought it. Is it battery problem or else? What do you suggest?

9th March 2018, 07:02 PM |#2  
Flag middlesbrough
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burakkazel

I confronted a weird battery problem. Before this problem started, my nexus 5's screen was flickering. I researched and the flex cable was the reason of problem. I replaced it with a new one. Now my led light colors has changed. This can be acceptable but there is one big problem. Whenever I charged the phone fully, and plug it out, using some apps and whenever I use social media apps such as Instagram, Twitter, screen freezes and sometimes it reboots itself. Always this problem occurs when charge is over %60. However, when it is under %60 everything works normal. And when I plug in charge, it also freezes for a while. It's been approximately 3 years and 8 months since I bought it. Is it battery problem or else? What do you suggest?

Are you custom?
9th March 2018, 11:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99

Are you custom?

yes. i'm running Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 currently.
10th March 2018, 09:58 AM |#4  
Flag middlesbrough
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Do a full nandroid back up and flash stock see if problem persists
10th March 2018, 11:00 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
alright i am going to do it. I don't think it is related with software because it happens when charge is higher than %60-65. By the way, if a xda user mentions about software, I'll take it into account of course. I'll try it in few hours and feedback here.
10th March 2018, 02:15 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99

Do a full nandroid back up and flash stock see if problem persists

I've flashed stock 4.4.4 kitkat. Even in setup, it reboots itself, charge is full. I don't know what to do.
13th March 2018, 08:00 PM |#7  

More
Flash 6.0.1 go to https://developers.google.com/android/images 6.0.1 (M4B30Z, Dec 2016)

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I have Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 currently and I also have battery problems and I try to remove the wi-fi as show on the site to see if it's better
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-wifi-t3290089

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

nfc, bluetooth, location all .bak work fine removed in framework and app and priv-app

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I test, get back to you with the answer if it's better

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

It's better and have you greenify with amplify with xposed installed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)