Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2014, 04:01 AM |#11  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowzan

i have the exact same problem. i tried to do what helped you. after deleting those files, the wifi would actually turn on. it even scans and identifies the signals. but then it doesnt connect. as soon as i tap connect it give me an error "failed to connect to network" and goes back to searching infinitely.
any other thoughts you got about fixing this?

I tried just about every way I could think to fix this issue. Safe mode, factory reset, root, then installed franco kernel, then installed CM11, installed stock 4.4.2 to see if reverting helped. all and wifi still stuck just saying "wifi turning on..."

I think it must be a hardware issue, sending back to LG soon.

12th August 2014, 08:33 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever resolve the problem?
15th August 2014, 09:30 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Also ran into this issue today. I'm running CarbonROM. Before this issue started, my phone started to act strangely. It wouldn't wake up from sleep, and needed to be rebooted. My WiFi is currently working, but when I leave the house, it still thinks it's connected to my WiFi at home. It's strange. What seemed to work for me temporarily is to put the phone in airplane mode, reboot, then turn off airplane mode. I also booted into Safe Mode (which didn't work properly, maybe a CarbonROM issue?), then rebooted back normally, and everything seems to work now...

Update 1:

WiFi stopped working again. I did a factory reset, then installed CM11 M9, and WiFi works again. Strange... I hope this isn't a hardware problem. I read some other forums where the motherboard was swapped out.

Update 2:

WiFi stopped working in CM11 after a while. I guess I'll try to switch back to stock.

Update 3:

I did a full reinstall of the stock ROM, including resetting the tamper flags. Now it seems my wifi is working again...

Update 4:

With stock 4.4.4 my WiFi worked for a while, then stopped working. I did a factory reset, and cannot connect to WiFi anymore I think I will have to RMA it. Currently in contact with Google support.
16th August 2014, 09:50 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Following. I am suffering with the same problem
20th August 2014, 04:55 PM |#15  

More
help
Is there a solution to this problem.
I tried everything written but nothing worked
22nd August 2014, 11:06 PM |#16  

More
Anything new? I'll take care.
23rd August 2014, 03:25 PM |#17  

More
Thumbs down WiFi error again
Sorry to hear that is indeed not unusual as I thought.

I have this thread opened: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...5/post55003889, if you guys think it is a good idea, I can move it to here.

First time, I also did everything you have listed, without success. This time, with a second Nexus 5, I'm very disappointed with Google/LG... No answer from the support in three days.
23rd August 2014, 05:29 PM |#18  

More
Hardware problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by iperetta

Sorry to hear that is indeed not unusual as I thought.

I have this thread opened: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...5/post55003889, if you guys think it is a good idea, I can move it to here.

First time, I also did everything you have listed, without success. This time, with a second Nexus 5, I'm very disappointed with Google/LG... No answer from the support in three days.

I've just spoke to Google's support team and they told me it is a hardware problem. It seems I am terrible unlucky to get this problem twice with different devices (same model). Well, I'm giving it a shot and asking for my third replacement. Supposedly, it is the fair way to go. I strongly advice if you got the same problem to ask Google for a replacement.

Thanks to all that tried to help.
12th September 2014, 12:07 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've had the same problem. I was trying to fix, that my N5 was not automatically connecting to my AP.
I modified the wpa_supplicant.cfg and after that as an effect nothing seemed to work.

The Wifi stuck on *as the thread already names it* on 'turning on'.

I deleted the whole wpa supplicant after making a backup, so that I can keep all those WPA, WEP, WPS-keys, ... etc.

Restart -> done fixing !

Cheers
16th September 2014, 08:07 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Had the same issue yesterday on Mahdi with Uber-Kernel, a cachewipe solved this temporarily. Today when i got home after work it just didn't want to turn on wifi, deleted these folders, did a clean flash, nothing of those methods work. Now i'm trying a fullwipe with factory images, hope it does work. Already sent an e-mail to Google Support, just in case they know about it and get my fifth RMA-device.

edit: still doesn't work after flashing factory images.
17th September 2014, 10:44 AM |#21  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh City
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeage

I've had the same problem. I was trying to fix, that my N5 was not automatically connecting to my AP.
I modified the wpa_supplicant.cfg and after that as an effect nothing seemed to work.

The Wifi stuck on *as the thread already names it* on 'turning on'.

I deleted the whole wpa supplicant after making a backup, so that I can keep all those WPA, WEP, WPS-keys, ... etc.

Restart -> done fixing !

Cheers

Having the same problem. Where can I find the wpa supplicant to delete it. I want to try every ways possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stuck, wifi, wifi stuck on turning on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)