By Humpie, Senior Member on 17th April 2014, 08:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2014, 10:44 AM |#21  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh City
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeage

I've had the same problem. I was trying to fix, that my N5 was not automatically connecting to my AP.
I modified the wpa_supplicant.cfg and after that as an effect nothing seemed to work.

The Wifi stuck on *as the thread already names it* on 'turning on'.

I deleted the whole wpa supplicant after making a backup, so that I can keep all those WPA, WEP, WPS-keys, ... etc.

Restart -> done fixing !

Cheers

Having the same problem. Where can I find the wpa supplicant to delete it. I want to try every ways possible

17th September 2014, 11:22 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellshinoda

Having the same problem. Where can I find the wpa supplicant to delete it. I want to try every ways possible

/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Cheers :beer:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1410949263683.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (48.3 KB, 2041 views)
18th September 2014, 10:42 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
had the same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupe

I tried just about every way I could think to fix this issue. Safe mode, factory reset, root, then installed franco kernel, then installed CM11, installed stock 4.4.2 to see if reverting helped. all and wifi still stuck just saying "wifi turning on..."

I think it must be a hardware issue, sending back to LG soon.

I too faced the same problem few days back. The phone was running smoothly and all of a sudden the wifi button froze.

I did a factory reset but nothing happened. so, had to send it to LG.

If this is such a big prob with N5 devices then why is Google not anything to fix this?
22nd September 2014, 11:23 PM |#24  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Sigh, so I too am now a victim of this. Began last night, so of course I did the usual, reboots. Nothing. Then restarts off and on, still nothing. I broke down and finally rooted the thing, losing a ton of stuff in the process, sadly. Moving on from that, I put on CyanogenMod, WiFi is still stuck as turning on. Switched to a Purity mod with an Uber kernel (which is really nice, by the way), and STILL nothing. I'm kind of at a loss at this point, and the last thing I wanna do is be stuck in a freaking Sprint store. Sigh.

I'm writing not only to share my woes, but to ask if anything new has been discovered. Thanks!
27th September 2014, 02:00 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm having the same problem. I did almost everything this thread described, but to no avail. I'm afraid my phone will turn into a brick as soon as my data runs out.
Time to look up my warrenty...
27th September 2014, 02:03 PM |#26  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Had the same problem (bluetooth too) about one week ago. Tried everything but no luck. I did an RMA. Google take it on warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThijsRico

I'm having the same problem. I did almost everything this thread described, but to no avail. I'm afraid my phone will turn into a brick as soon as my data runs out.
Time to look up my warrenty...

^
30th September 2014, 02:17 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Solution
I think I accidently discovered a solution.

Last night my nexus 5 still had the issue. When I went to sleep I forgot to connect my device to the charger.
This morning it was powered off, since the battery was completely empty after having cellular data on for the entire night. After charging it for a minute and powering it back on the wifi worked again.

I don't know for sure if the power cycle was what solved it, but it was the only thing on this earth that I had not tried yet to solve the issue.

I hope this works for other people as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThijsRico For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ThijsRico Ad-Free
2nd October 2014, 10:58 PM |#28  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThijsRico

I think I accidently discovered a solution.

Last night my nexus 5 still had the issue. When I went to sleep I forgot to connect my device to the charger.
This morning it was powered off, since the battery was completely empty after having cellular data on for the entire night. After charging it for a minute and powering it back on the wifi worked again.

I don't know for sure if the power cycle was what solved it, but it was the only thing on this earth that I had not tried yet to solve the issue.

I hope this works for other people as well.

I'm about to get my replacement N5 this afternoon, but if it happens again, I'll give your solution a try. Thanks!
4th October 2014, 04:18 AM |#29  
Flag East Bay, CA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Woke up this morning to no wifi and no bluetooth....both worked fine last night. Called Google after factory reset, trying a different rom, and a few other things I found on here.... explained to them the issue and they are shipping a replacement out now.....only 41 days left on my warranty....I'd rather fix it if there is a way, not really looking forward to a refurb.
4th October 2014, 06:30 PM |#30  
Paris
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This problem is driving me mad!
Same problem here. I tried every single custom ROM & Kernel combination I could think of, nothing works. As it happened to some of you, it worked again once or twice after a major event (new ROM, drained battery) but the issue always comes back. I guess I'll have to keep trying things & survive without WiFi til the Nexus 6/X comes out at the end of the month!
If anyone finds a proper fix in the meantime, please share it! Surely there has to be an explanation and a solution to this problem!
4th October 2014, 11:10 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
This is what fixed mine
Delete folder "/data/misc/wifi" and reboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stuck, wifi, wifi stuck on turning on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)