Welcome to the Future - CAF Hybrid Kernel
Synapse Support Included
PROJECT CHAOS IS THANKFUL TO ALL FOLLOWING MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS
- Code Aurora Forum (Qualcomm Innovation)
- CyanogenMod - CAF supported ROMs
- Motorola - Many optimizations for MSM Board and LMK
- LGE & Google - Device specific fixes
- All developers mentioned in credits below
Chaos kernel is specially developed for CAF ROMs to enhance user experience.
Chaos kernel aims to provide organized, stable, feature-packed, smooth and performance-driven kernel for daily use.
More and more enhancements and improvements will be added based on reviews and requirements.
Daily updates from 4.0 Kernel upstream and CAF, as and when feasible. (That's why HYBRID)
Follow github source to know more in detail.
Features: (Updated after v12.0)
CPU Controls, GPU Controls, Touch-Wake Controls, Memory Control and many more in one single app
Linux Kernel mainline updates to version 3.4.106
Kernel with most BACKPORTS from 3.14 Mainline kernel
Color Tweak control (Vivid and slightly cooler color preset)
OOM advance controls and profiles
Compatible with most external kernel apps!
Entropy depletion fixed.
Samsung native Exfat inbuilt support
I/O schedulers: BFQ v7, CFQ, Deadline, FIOPS, ROW, SIO, VR, ZEN
Highly updated and tuned governors
Auto mount OTG
NTFS support enabled
Massive Driver updates
CAF Sound improvements and Sound Control via Synapse
USB Fast Charge Driver (to improve charging with cheap charger sources)
Default ROW i/o scheduler
GPU, USB, Vibrator, NET drivers updated from
ZRam (Compressed memory) backported from 3.15 kernel with new compression algorithm and fixes
ZSMAlloc backported from 3.15 kernel (Compressed pages memory allocator)
CPU Idle driver backported from 3.15 kernel (CPU gets better deep sleep and settles faster when idle)
New Hotplug Mechanisms: MSM Hotplug (Default), Intelliplug Hotplug, Bricked Hotplug and CyanogenMod Default, switch between easily them using Synapse.
And much more... Read changelogs!!
▷ Download Link:
Nightlies: Download Here
▷ General Discussions, Tips & Tricks on NXTweaks Settings: Click Here
▷ Kernel Source: Click Here
- Backup YOUR entire ROM in your favorite way
- Reboot in Recovery
- REFLASH YOUR ROM IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER CUSTOM KERNEL ON YOUR CAF ROM
- Flash downloaded Zip File
Weird Battery Drainage?
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache from recovery and reboot
- Let battery drain such that about 10% remains. Now charge via AC source till 100%.
- Please make sure there is no rogue app in background draining battery.
- The user community (reviews and feedback)
If I have forgotten credit to your contribution, please send me a PM. Thank you.
You may post anything related kernel. Make sure to mention ROM name, Governor name, IO Scheduler name.
Feature request is served if feasible.
Chaos Kernel, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5
Source Code: https://github.com/neobuddy89/hammer...its/kitkat-caf
Kernel Special Features: Everything!
Last Updated 2015-03-17