[KERNEL] Bricked-Kernel Hammerhead | Sweep2wake | KnockKnock/Dt2w

3,701 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,080

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2013, 06:14 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great kernel and nice features.

I tested the S2W and DT2W via terminal emulator and they work great. Being a newbie when it comes to modifying kernel features, I just created a script via SManager and have it run at boot.

Any disadvantages for doing it that way? Any advantage for doing it via the KControl app and/or using proposed methods (to activate on boot) in this thread?

22nd November 2013, 06:48 PM |#502  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_arani

Great kernel and nice features.

I tested the S2W and DT2W via terminal emulator and they work great. Being a newbie when it comes to modifying kernel features, I just created a script via SManager and have it run at boot.

Any disadvantages for doing it that way? Any advantage for doing it via the KControl app and/or using proposed methods (to activate on boot) in this thread?

KControl basically does the same thing.
When android tells it that the boot finished it just writes a 1 in there. Nothing special.
22nd November 2013, 07:18 PM |#503  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984

That kernel used in that kmsg was not built by me and not from my sources. There were modifications, even uncommitted ones.
I cannot and will not debug other peoples messes here.

Code:
3.4.0-Bricked-Harp-g71fca74-dirty
I would suggest you have a talk with "Harp" about this issue.

Okay, didn't know that. So i'll try to flash your original kernel tomorrow, couldn't get it working on cm11, so i was happy to the prebuilt cm11 with That kernel from the log. Maybe i'll work with unofficial cwm tomorrow, official gives me a bootloop

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd November 2013, 09:11 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

KControl basically does the same thing.
When android tells it that the boot finished it just writes a 1 in there. Nothing special.

Thanks show-p1984.

Keep up the great work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2013, 09:27 PM |#505  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
@show-p1984 hey having a problem with kcontrol it won't let me config GPU. It keeps giving me an error saying can't insert module.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
22nd November 2013, 10:19 PM |#506  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgivenmercy

@show-p1984 hey having a problem with kcontrol it won't let me config GPU. It keeps giving me an error saying can't insert module.

That was explained at least 20 times.
The driver on the Nexus 5 has changed a bit too much, that's why it's currently not possible to access GPU control on a Nexus 5. I will fix it though, soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2013, 10:20 PM |#507  
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:

That was explained at least 20 times.
The driver on the Nexus 5 has changed a bit too much, that's why it's currently not possible to access GPU control on a Nexus 5. I will fix it though, soon.

That was my fault for not paying attention since I just read it . Thanks and I saw it changed alot . it struck me as odd when the app says 91 compatible even the tab with GPU that's why I was confused.

22nd November 2013, 10:22 PM |#508  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgivenmercy

That was my fault for not paying attention since I just read it . Thanks and I saw it changed alot . it struck me as odd when the app says 91 compatible even the tab with GPU that's why I was confused.

The compatibility check just checks if the module is there. You might call that a bug. I will change that too.
22nd November 2013, 10:24 PM |#509  
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:

The compatibility check just checks if the module is there. You might call that a bug. I will change that too.

Okay wanted to make sure and I wanted to let you know since it was very odd.

23rd November 2013, 12:22 AM |#510  
Somewhere on Earth
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
@show-p1984 : I just bought your Kcontrol app last night. However, every time i try to reset kernel voltage ( when setting it wrong but dont apply), the app force close pushed report via Google Play already
Also, do you think Aroma installer and auto UC/OC voltage to choose when installing, is a good idea? Thank you again
23rd November 2013, 04:38 AM |#511  
Sacramento, ca
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I must be an idiot or something but I bought the app installed kernel and still can't get double tap to work what an I doing wrong? I've enabled it in settings but still nothing

Edit I just use terminal emulator to get it working.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)