FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [March 3] ElementalX N5 8.14 (Nougat) 9.02 (Oreo)

17,650 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,932

By flar2, Recognized Developer on 9th November 2013, 03:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2013, 05:20 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2

Is it just cm where 0.7.1 doesn't work?

In the future I would like to always use the existing ramdisk, so I need feedback good or bad. I use the stock Rom during development and don't have time to try out all the different roms out there.

0.7.1 works fine with slimkat. I'll test CM for you in a few.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xREVOx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xREVOx Ad-Free

22nd November 2013, 05:38 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:

I introduced a feature on some HTC phones called pocket detection. It is meant to stop the screen wake functions from coming on while the phone is in your pocket. The way it works is if a wake event is detected, it checks the proximity sensor. If the sensor is covered, it cancels the wake up. This is a useful feature which I will include if possible (so far I don't see where the proximity sensor is controlled from the kernel, if it's userspace, then we won't have this feature).

The idea that I think you have in mind, disabling s2w/dt2w when the proximity is registering "near," won't help with battery drain. That would require leaving the proximity sensor on all the time, which would drain even more unfortunately.

So for the moment your solution to switch dt2w off with power button still remain the best one to have a good battery life and that feature. I found it extremely useful while browsing for example, if the screen turns off i simply double tap. Well good work with the next update can't wait to see what will you improve in 0.8! Any anticipation?
22nd November 2013, 05:59 PM |#503  
Moon
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Really good, but drain the battery, and this battery is not too much ..... so, i will wait untill the battery has better life unther this kernell
22nd November 2013, 06:06 PM |#504  
Quote:
Originally Posted by overon37

Really good, but drain the battery, and this battery is not too much ..... so, i will wait untill the battery has better life unther this kernell

Disable s2w/dt2w and battery drain is normal.

Battery life with s2w/dt2w is not going to improve unless LG provides documentation for the touch firmware, and even then, it would require that the touch firmware include a command that will set it into a low power mode that allows irq wake.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2013, 06:25 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Someone in the bricked thread has made a tasker task, profiles and a widget to disable/enable S2W and DT2W, so you can have a timer, enabled when plugged in, etc, being taker the opportunities are endless.

Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47725964

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom540 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tom540 Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 06:47 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
0.7.1 runs fine here, upgraded from 0.6, no s2w or dt2w enabled, running PSX.
Whatever you are testing, it seems to work here

BTW: is it possible to have gapps without + now and the search-bar-****? or would that break everything in 4.4?
The Following User Says Thank You to Meth0d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Meth0d Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 07:32 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth0d

0.7.1 runs fine here, upgraded from 0.6, no s2w or dt2w enabled, running PSX.
Whatever you are testing, it seems to work here

BTW: is it possible to have gapps without + now and the search-bar-****? or would that break everything in 4.4?

The gapps are unrelated to the kernel (but you can install banks gapps which I don't think have search stuff. And no, it won't break everything, you'll just have to change launcher)

The Following User Says Thank You to Tom540 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tom540 Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 09:15 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Just a heads up for all flashers having problems booting up. In aroma installer. Just because it can be over clocked doesn't mean your phone can run at the Max. I personally own two nexus devices and my white one can't handle more than 2.5 GHz or over but my black one can be over clocked to 2.8 and beyond with no issues. So play with those settings. If it doesn't boot with 3.0 GHz (or whatever the Max is) then go down to about 2.4 and see if it boots. Hope it helps and clears some issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flakito97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flakito97 Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 01:00 AM |#509  
Flag Stoney Creek, ON
Thanks Meter: 233

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

In the future I would like to always use the existing ramdisk, so I need feedback good or bad. I use the stock Rom during development and don't have time to try out all the different roms out there.

Working great on SlimKat for me - and doesn't break root either! Thank you so much!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to FuryriderX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FuryriderX Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 01:30 AM |#510  
Flag Mijas
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Used with Catalysm
Quote:

I tried your kernel with the Cataclysm ROM. Used just what the Aroma installer was set up for. Phone dropped calls repeatedly after one or two minutes until I went back to stock kernel. Maybe I should have changed something and didn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy3927 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Buddy3927 Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 01:35 AM |#511  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy3927

I tried your kernel with the Cataclysm ROM. Used just what the Aroma installer was set up for. Phone dropped calls repeatedly after one or two minutes until I went back to stock kernel. Maybe I should have changed something and didn't.

Did you have s2w or dt2w enabled? It seems the touchscreenisstill active while on calls, which can lead to accidentally hanging up.

If that's not the case, then it's something else, not the kernel, dropping your calls.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)