[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

sir*mez

Nov 7, 2007
NYC
I've been reading every single post since the start of this thread !!
I purchased fku a while back (2 years ago I think) .. And I'm eagerly waiting for a "stable" or milestone version for the n5.

Even though I'm itching to try the r10 :(

Can't thank you enough Franco, keep up the awesome work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
You're going to be waiting a loooonnnnggg time then. There will be no more milestones.

Giroyac

Jul 25, 2012
What I meant by "stable" milestone, is something that could be considered a milestone, something that's 100%.
Even though I might just go ahead and try r10, or maybe r11 once its out today

formeriphoneuser

Feb 15, 2013
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
He said no milestones

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

stock kernel comes with source and stock image from google

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does that exactly mean? That there is no way to revert back, except to factory reset or something similar with the stock image? I do have exp. with rooting, flashing custom roms and custom kernels on custom roms (which just deletes the cust. kernal), but haven't flashed a custom kernel on stock yet. :(

javacody

Aug 30, 2009
Des Moines
I've been reading every single post since the start of this thread !!
I purchased fku a while back (2 years ago I think) .. And I'm eagerly waiting for a "stable" or milestone version for the n5.

Even though I'm itching to try the r10 :(

Can't thank you enough Franco, keep up the awesome work

They have creams for itching. Give one a try...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Franco... the underclock gpu is supported? and without your app is possible to change the clock? if yes, how?

Sure you can underclock the max GPU frequency doing this:

echo 200000000 > /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk

I can't seem to get this to actually get past the cyanogenmod loading screen after I flash it. I don't know if I'm inept or if it's a rom issue.

No CM support for now, probably never. I have to think.

Before I flash the franco Kernel, where is the stock kernel .img just in case I want to go back in the future? Did I miss it?

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does that exactly mean? That there is no way to revert back, except to factory reset or something similar with the stock image? I do have exp. with rooting, flashing custom roms and custom kernels on custom romms, but haven't flash a custom kernel on stock yet. :(

The stock image comes with the stock kernel;) and you won't want to flash that garbage back anyways, this is guaranteed to be better than stock, I certify it. If you need any further help you can also reach out to me on G+.

Reactions: formeriphoneuser

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
Before I flash the franco Kernel, where is the stock kernel .img just in case I want to go back in the future? Did I miss it?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does that exactly mean? That there is no way to revert back, except to factory reset or something similar with the stock image? I do have exp. with rooting, flashing custom roms and custom kernels on custom roms (which just deletes the cust. kernal), but haven't flashed a custom kernel on stock yet. :(

a zip is in my signature ;)

it will simply flash the stock kernel, nothing more, nothing less ;)

Last edited:

javacody

Aug 30, 2009
Des Moines
I hope that because Franco is active right now that he's fixed the issues he found in r11 and is only waiting for compile to finish. :)

qdoba

Aug 29, 2010
Currently running stock with ART enabled. Will I have to revert back to davlik before flashing Franco's kernel?

JNewms

Sep 21, 2011
Bloomington
I hope that because Franco is active right now that he's fixed the issues he found in r11 and is only waiting for compile to finish. :)

It only takes about a minute for him to compile a kernel. I'm sure he's just testing and making sure everything is up to his standards right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)