[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r114 - 11th May - Stock & Oreo

23,479 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,626

Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2018, 01:31 PM |#41261  
Flag Plaveč
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does this kernel support DIAG mode? Want to enable more LTE bands so I am curious.

14th May 2018, 11:20 PM |#41262  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggy1980

Same problem here. I've installed it with the latest TWRP and all standard settings over P4Block's LOS, but the battery is discharging very fast compared to the original rom kernel. I lost almost 20% of battery in 1 hour of deep sleep cpu and in airplane mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

"Same problem" but you didn't give me any information that can help me try and figure it out. It's likely not FK's fault since it uses all the commits it needs.

Sorry for not explain the problem, but at the time I didn't have the words to describe it but here I go now: After flashing the kernel and getting the first start, my device stays on the homescreen only with the statusbar activated, without the navigation buttons. That is, without being able to do anything.

I try restarting (via holding a few seconds the power button because none other button responds) but on the restart the result was the same.

Thanks for your work and reply!
15th May 2018, 05:31 AM |#41263  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,626

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty33

Does this kernel support DIAG mode? Want to enable more LTE bands so I am curious.

No clue to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirouez

Sorry for not explain the problem, but at the time I didn't have the words to describe it but here I go now: After flashing the kernel and getting the first start, my device stays on the homescreen only with the statusbar activated, without the navigation buttons. That is, without being able to do anything.

I try restarting (via holding a few seconds the power button because none other button responds) but on the restart the result was the same.

That's not Kernel related.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2018, 11:39 AM |#41264  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hi,
since a few releases (also with R114) it seems that wifi gets disconnected whenever the device is idle/deepsleep/standby no matter what I choose in WIFi settings (advanced: turn wifi off: never) ... that´s annoying if I use whatsapp web for example that requires a constant wifi connection of your phone. Also, for some reason I still have the problem that after some time of usage the Phone gets very slow and laggy, seems to be connected to RAM filling up constantly, when I manually use a task manager and close all apps/free RAM it´s getting better so I think there´s still a memory leak ? Went back to R100 which IMHO is the "best" performing version on my nexus5.... very strange.
I also have a question about RAM on the Nexus 5:
I have an app called "OS Monitor" on my nexus5 that shows the total available and free RAM and also info about the "SWAP" memory available. Whenever my phone gets extremely laggy I can see that this "Swap" space is completely filled up (0 KB free) so I think it might be connected to this. I don´t know where and how this "Swap" partition is created, is this a kernel thing?

Thanks,
K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	os_monitor.png
Views:	470
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	4501743  
15th May 2018, 10:05 PM |#41265  

More
I was running fk-r112-anykernel2 before on lineage-14.1-20171122-nightly-hammerhead-signed without issues. I reformatted my Nexus 5 however, and am now installing lineage-14.1-20180510-nightly-hammerhead-signed. It installs (including gapps pico) and runs fine. If I then install fk-r114-anykernel2 from TWRP 3.2.1-1 (older versions don't seem to be up on the website ) and reboot to system, it reboots, I get the bootlogo (not boot animation), it reboots again and then enters back into recovery automatically.
Tried /data and /cache partitioned in F2FS as well, didn't change anything either.

I mean: it's so simple... Am I doing anything wrong or something?

[edit]
I'm blind lol, I figured the newest version would be sorted to top on the franco website... it's not, so I flashed the 8.1.0 Kernel on 7.1.2... Yeah, that's not going to work.
16th May 2018, 10:03 PM |#41266  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

"Same problem" but you didn't give me any information that can help me try and figure it out. It's likely not FK's fault since it uses all the commits it needs.

Quote:

Issues with the latest P4Block's LOS 15.1 ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs

Quote:

Quote:

No clue to be honest.

That's not Kernel related.

Same issue in Unlegacy Android 20180509. Is the problem in both ROMS or in my device?
17th May 2018, 08:50 PM |#41267  
Flag New Delhi, Delhi, India
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:

Same issue in Unlegacy Android 20180509. Is the problem in both ROMS or in my device?

Unlegacy Android is a CAF based ROM, so that might be a problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
17th May 2018, 11:58 PM |#41268  
Account currently disabled
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Hi,

@franciscofranco this commit will fix video flickering issue in Nexus 5.

https://github.com/esa-n/android_ker...eec3c4d2003900
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xaifyy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xaifyy Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 05:31 PM |#41269  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
The only real problem for me in this kernel is that it does not have kexec-hardboot patch! It's needed to dual boot with other versions of android or alternative OSs with main android OS.
Can you please add support for dual boot? Or how can i add support for dualboot in this kernel. This kernel is the best for nexus devices. If you have nexus device you should use francos kernel. Glad to see nexus 5 kernel for newer roms. Also it's dissapointing there is no franco kernel for nexus 4 for marshmallow, nougat and oreo roms
4th June 2018, 04:26 AM |#41270  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How do I remove this kernel? Since installing, my CPU usage is high, phone runs hotter and phone is sluggish.
4th June 2018, 10:34 AM |#41271  
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h00ch

How do I remove this kernel? Since installing, my CPU usage is high, phone runs hotter and phone is sluggish.

Reinstall your rom in twrp (rom, than gapps, than magisk or supersu (if the rom is not rooted)). In this case the rom's original kernel will be installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best kernel for n5, color profile, fku app, franco kernel, nexus kernel nr.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)