[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

Mynix

Jan 12, 2013
Near Versailles - France
I just tested it, with 200MHz Beach Buggy is unplayable, lags everywhere. As soon as I change to 450MHz (values changed with FKU) the game is playable again. Current GPU clock is exported here: /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/gpuclk
And.. How to do that ? Echo in terminal emulator doesn't work :/
Sorry for the noob question, I have no idea.. And I don't know how to search 'how to do that'..

Anyone else facing this 'possible issue' ?

Last edited:

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
What are these bionic dalvik mods? What are the advantages?

Device: Nexus 5 16gb Black
ROM: AOSPA 4.0BETA w/ Franco r25

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia

Better benchmarks by far compared to Art. Snappier experience (Stock ROM) with Franco kernel r25 combination, improved battery life ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Here is a link to the MOD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47709067

Mynix

Jan 12, 2013
Near Versailles - France
Honestly.. OK, I dont really know. I though that it could be used in such cases, to 'extract' a value from 'a file'. I can understand things but I must admit I haven't search yet a good tutorial on such things.

Mynix

Jan 12, 2013
Near Versailles - France
Its ok nobody was born knowing everything, I can help out if you explain what you want exactly :)
After checking with Qualcomm's app (I was looking for it anyways !. Thanks Kaydin :) ) the frequency actually changes.. Sorry for the false alert, but still I dont understand bench results (even if score droped to 8000 in normal score when benchmarking with graph overlay from Qualcomm app) So.. Yeah I would Still like to know how to 'extract' the GPU freq from the file you pointed me before. :)

Thank for your help

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
After checking with Qualcomm's app (I was looking for it anyways !. Thanks Kaydin :) ) the frequency actually changes.. Sorry for the false alert, but still I dont understand bench results (even if score droped to 8000 in normal score when benchmarking with graph overlay from Qualcomm app) So.. Yeah I would Still like to know how to 'extract' the GPU freq from the file you pointed me before. :)

Thank for your help

Can you attach that apk please? I don't want to register to download it.

To read the file just do
cat file_path

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
Update on tunables! Been rocking this for a few days and it's really solid:

Code:
CPU Manager > Governor Control:

above_hispeed_delay: 150,000
boostpulse_duration:700,000
go_hispeed_load:90
hispeed_freq:1497600
min_sample_time:10000

CPU Manager > Hotplug control:

first_level: 90

Max CPU: 1497

UV:
300mhz to 675mV         
All others -50mV

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

Code:

UV:
300mhz to 675mV         
All others -50mV

Applied!

Reactions: vomer

CDeviant

Oct 1, 2012
R25 Battery Results

This is my experience with R25, totally awesome. Sure I've been able to do 5+ sot, but at almost 36h of on time I'm super happy with 4h 34m of sot. :good: :good:
This phone totally gets me through a full day, not very often do I need to charge during the day.

The time where it wasn't connected to mobile was when I was a sleep/waking up. I get pretty poor reception where I live, so I disable it only until I need it mostly, It doesn't bother me.
4nBKFsml.png
AJ48iURl.png
WDo4s4Cl.png

All stock settings from Franco, except uv 300Mhz to 620mV and the rest -80mV
And all third party apps greenified.

Last edited:

drawde40599

Aug 11, 2010

Dalvik , Better bench mark scores besides that nothing that can be really noticed .... bionic is definitely noticed for speed and smoothness . but ART still blows them away on my phones ( real use not stupid benchmarks ) . if u youtube it there's videos battling the bunch . I also have 2 N5's that I've compared side by side and that's what my results were .

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia

Code:

UV:
300mhz to 675mV         
All others -50mV

What are the benefits of tuning the kernel with these settings, better battery is it snappier? Is this mainly tuned for gaming? Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: cobyman7035

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
What are the benefits of tuning the kernel with these settings, better battery is it snappier? Is this mainly tuned for gaming? Cheers

Its better optimized for battery and performance from what my experience has been. I've seen 4-5 hours of SOT

Reactions: occtec

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)