FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r114 - 11th May - Stock & Oreo

23,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,812
 
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2013, 03:26 PM |#501  
aeroseek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arararagi

Thanks for reporting back.

It could be that while the charging current limit has been increased, the battery has it's own built in limits to how fast it will charge, but the increased input current limit allows the phone to be fully powered externally with a bit left over.

Just a followup. The phone did discharge 3% on my 30 minute commute today with this config. I guess I'm not surprised since other factors such as varying signal strength and maps data downloads come into play while mobile.
 
 
7th November 2013, 03:39 PM |#502  
Tony_YYZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
Donate to Me
More
Few things about ART:

1. It's still VERY experimental and you probably shouldn't rely on it for daily use. There is a chance that instability can rear it's ugly head at any moment. It's there for developer use right now.
2. Some apps will constantly crash with it and you might even have issues trying to install those same apps again once you switch back to Dalvik. Manual fixes or a factory reset will resolve these.
3. The GAPPS packages in Custom ROMs don't currently play well with ART right now and pretty much all just crash over and over again.
4. This is probably the most detailed write up about ART right now: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11...uts-in-kitkat/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tony_YYZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tony_YYZ Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 03:42 PM |#503  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
here was an stupid question by me
7th November 2013, 03:43 PM |#504  
Tony_YYZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanya79

Hi there,

how can i activate ART? I'm on Stock Rom, just a little hint for me, i cannot find a thread anywhere?!

It's in Developer Options. But heed my post above before attempting.
7th November 2013, 03:43 PM |#505  
Senior Member
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I am running test image 7 with ART and am undervolted by 50. Everything seems smooth so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th November 2013, 03:44 PM |#506  
thegtfusion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,254
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ

Few things about ART:

1. It's still VERY experimental and you probably shouldn't rely on it for daily use. There is a chance that instability can rear it's ugly head at any moment. It's there for developer use right now.
2. Some apps will constantly crash with it and you might even have issues trying to install those same apps again once you switch back to Dalvik. Manual fixes or a factory reset will resolve these.
3. The GAPPS packages in Custom ROMs don't currently play well with ART right now and pretty much all just crash over and over again.
4. This is probably the most detailed write up about ART right now: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11...uts-in-kitkat/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanya79

Hi there,

how can i activate ART? I'm on Stock Rom, just a little hint for me, i cannot find a thread anywhere?!

i don't want to be annoying, but this is a franco kernel thread... not an ART thread! @franciscofranco wont be happy to see his thread all cluttered with posts about ART. come on
7th November 2013, 03:45 PM |#507  
dumbo octopus's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ

Few things about ART:

1. It's still VERY experimental and you probably shouldn't rely on it for daily use. There is a chance that instability can rear it's ugly head at any moment. It's there for developer use right now.
2. Some apps will constantly crash with it and you might even have issues trying to install those same apps again once you switch back to Dalvik. Manual fixes or a factory reset will resolve these.
3. The GAPPS packages in Custom ROMs don't currently play well with ART right now and pretty much all just crash over and over again.
4. This is probably the most detailed write up about ART right now: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11...uts-in-kitkat/

gapps are deodexed. odex2art class can't work with deodex. so basically, art + deodex = kaboom.

~dumbo.
7th November 2013, 03:47 PM |#508  
aeppacher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaglich

I cannot say enough great things about ART. Absolutely everything I do on my phone seems quicker. Scrolling has noticeably improved.

Okay guys, Franco didn't invent ART, develop it, nor can he disable it. If you have issues with ART vs Dalvic, I made a dedicated thread with pretty much everything you need to know about them. Post there and keep dev threads clean.

Here is the thread forward people to them if you see them hijacking other threads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeppacher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aeppacher Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 03:53 PM |#509  
thegtfusion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,254
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeppacher

Okay guys, Franco didn't invent ART, develop it, nor can he disable it. If you have issues with ART vs Dalvic, I made a dedicated thread with pretty much everything you need to know about them. Post there and keep dev threads clean.

Here is the thread forward people to them if you see them hijacking other threads.

amen
7th November 2013, 03:57 PM |#510  
Tony_YYZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegtfusion

i don't want to be annoying, but this is a franco kernel thread... not an ART thread! @franciscofranco wont be happy to see his thread all cluttered with posts about ART. come on

That's why I posted a warning for people to just not even worry about it. Once the risks are known, less people will attempt to use it and thus less clutter.
7th November 2013, 04:14 PM |#511  
anaglich's Avatar
Senior Member
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeppacher

Okay guys, Franco didn't invent ART, develop it, nor can he disable it. If you have issues with ART vs Dalvic, I made a dedicated thread with pretty much everything you need to know about them. Post there and keep dev threads clean.

Here is the thread forward people to them if you see them hijacking other threads.

My apologies for continuing a natural conversation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best kernel for n5, color profile, fku app, franco kernel, nexus kernel nr.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes