- Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.1 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
- Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-6.3 (cortex-a15 neon-vfpv4 hard-float targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02-rc2)
- Full -O3 support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
- Less is more: stockish builds based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-marshmallow-mr3
- Kernel compressed with XZ, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- Enhanced performance and battery patches
- Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default- fastlane mode available!)
- Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 700mV possible)
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
- Several I/O control (added FIOPS and ZEN is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS available)
- Disabled stock mpdecision and thermald
- blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead
- msm_thermal simple driver (default 65º C threshold)
- Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with neon support)
- Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
- KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz), Simple GPU Governor by default
- Gamma Control and KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
- Backlight dimmer ready (disabled by default, tuned min manual brightness - level 3)
- USB automount (ROM must support it, otherwise use stickmount)
- CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
- Kexec (multirom) full support
- doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, Increase battery charging current to use higher input current on AC mode, proprietary charger detection
- init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d), Kernel cleaner script
- Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manager and others
DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP (no mirrors allowed)
Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_sp★rk zip to avoid problems.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. Also, I only actively support stock ROM with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root).
No support will be given to custom ROM including N stuff, so don't clutter the thread with it (specially):
- No talking about WiFi and N issues.
- No talking about ROM related and misc N issues.
Also no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.
This kernel installer modifies your filesystem, backup your boot.img with TWRP if you want to go back to full stock (or you can fastboot boot.img or dirty flash your ROM also)
If you want to use F2FS, do the following (backup your data before attempt this, it will erase all your Data)
- Flash TWRP with f2fs support and flash latest blu_sp★rk zip
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Data -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Cache -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
- Reboot and profit
If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free
blu_spark hammerhead, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/hammerhead
Kernel Special Features: powered by sparky
Current Stable Version: r121
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-16
Current Beta Version: r114
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-23
Last Updated 2017-03-15