The main objective of this kernel is to maximize end-user experience with advance optimizations from CAF and 3.18 mainline kernel along with device specific features - A TRUE HYBRID.
Linux mainstream (3.4.y or torvald's dev git) offers FIXES and UPDATES for all architectures (like x86 as well as ARM)
We DO need these crucial updates to ensure stability and security. There are many CM kernels which are already updated with 3.4.y branch.
Hybrid kernel will keep up with latest wherever required. Don't fall for garbage talks.
Hybrid Kernel is descendant of CHAOS kernel - Kernel for CM11 with bleeding edge CAF updates, features and fixes.
You can play with all the features using SYNAPSE app.
We have developed support for Synapse in-kernel itself, no need to flash UKM or install any other kernel manager apps.
- Latest from Google (kernel_msm source + kernel_common updates)
- Complete CAF Sound Experience (audio offloading and auto UHQ - ultra high quality)
- Synapse Backend Support. Install Synapse app from Play Store.
- Sound Controls and Profiles (including Faux sound app support - though you won't need it)
- Gamma Controls and Profiles (including Franco Display control app support - though you won't need it)
- Advcanced CPU Boost driver with unified hotplug boot, wake boost and input boost controls (Truly engineered for Project Butter)
- In-kernel thermal driver (always enabled) and thermal controls.
- CAF updates for WiFi driver.
- Backported fastest ZRam from 3.18 kernel. (Fastest ZRam with customizable compression techniques)
- Enhanced KSM (Enabled by default)
- Enhanced LMK (low memory killer) with profiles and controls (Thanks Moto source and @Dorimanx)
- Tuned virtual memory and LMK (Tuning based on our R'n'D, you can change as per your wish using Synapse)
- Overclock upto 2.5 GHz (Still boots at stock frequency)
- Per CPU Total Control (You can control how each core will behave individually - set min/max/boost freq and governor)
- GPU Overclock and lower freq steps. (Still boots at stock max frequency)
- GPU driver critical fixes and updates for smoothness.
- Additional Interactive governor for GPU (thanks to Franco)
- MSM Limiter driver (Does much regulation on CPUFreq driver than you can imagine. Check it out in Synapse app for details.)
- Voltage controls (UV upto 675 mV. Please note our hardware have diff PVS category and so voltages and stability over diff voltages will differ user to user. Find your poison yourself with voltage controls in Synapse)
- 3.4 upstream important updates and fixes (100% stable updates for our 3.4.y kernel)
- Power-efficient workqueues (Ported from 3.18 mainstream - PE WQ aims at improving power efficiency.)
- Enhanced MSM Hotplug Driver + Controls (Base driver by myfluxi - Enhanced further by me, Dorimanx and alucard)
- Enhanced Intelliplug Hotplug Driver + Controls (Base driver by faux- Enhanced further by me, Dorimanx and alucard)
- CyanogenMod Hotplug Driver (This driver is disabled by default)
- Enhanced Bricked Hotplug Driver + Controls (On mass demand. Base driver by showp1984- Enhanced further by me)
- Auto busybox installation (Busybox is required by root apps to perform misc tasks. Please note this wouldn't auto-root device.)
- Multiple TCP Congestion methods (HTCP is default - can be changed via Synapse)
- Additional FIOPS, VR, ZEN and BFQ Schedulers (ROW scheduler is our default)
- Additional Classic Interactive, Intellimm and ZZMoove governors (Bacon governor is our default)
- DT2W/S2S/S2W/Wake Timeout/Power Key Suspend (All the wake controls you'll ever need.)
Hardware Encryption (Faster and Powerful)(Removed to fix idle battery drain)
- Built with SaberMOD 4.9.3 Toolchain (Performance + Power) The toolchain is rebuilt by me from their sources and has optimized few parameters.
- CDROM emulation support (DriveDroid support included)
- LCD KCal driver from LG G2 (This provides ability to change RGB values using Synapse)
- Tuned LCD Backlight driver to save power
- OTG Support for all ROMs (Use StickMount app if your ROM doesn't provide framework support to auto-mount like CM12)
- MultiROM Supported (Thanks tasssadar)
- init.d support to autorun user defined scripts. (Do not mess with it unless you know the conflicting risks)
- Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines with NEON mode enabled.
- You name it, we will have it.*
*You can request any feature you like to see, we will respond for feasibility.
To know all the fixes and changes done, please refer detailed change log in below post.
- Your ROM is rooted. (If any root issue, please flash SuperSu)
- Do not flash UKM after flashing this kernel.
- Do not install any external busybox.
- Install Synapse app from Play Store.
Download Here: (3.0 and above)
Download Here: (2.1 and below)
No mirrors. If you have trouble downloading, you can request in topic and since we have good user community, you will get mirror from our awesome user community.
The Awesome User Community Pinned Posts!
Typical Battery Stats using Hybrid Kernel
Companion review from one of the awesome devs.
ROM Chefs, feel free to incorporate kernel in your ROMs or use above source for ROM build. Just do provide topic link for resolution of kernel issues/queries, if any.
Very special thanks to some real good devs, I came across while N5 kernels development -
@Dorimanx , @Alucard24 , @ak , @defconoi , @renderbroken , @LaboDJ , @xboxfanj @apb_axel
(I think I am missing some. Apologies.)
Kernel dedicated to your's and awesome user community's support!!
Also, thanks to these devs for contribution and inspiration -
@andreilux (Synapse interface app . This guy is best)
@apb_axel (Synapse backend support. Please thank him HERE.)
@myfluxi (device specific tweaks and fixes)
@franciscofranco (voltage controls and tuned parameters)
@showp1984 (wake controls)
@faux123 (faux sound baseline)
@flar2 (OC table and extended wake controls)
Let the Chaos Begin!
Hybrid Kernel, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5
Source Code: https://github.com/neobuddy89/hammer...mits/lollipop/
Kernel Special Features: Per CPU Total Control, CAF Sound, Overclock, Gamma Control, Sound Control, Volt control, CPU Boost
Current Stable Version: 2.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-02-23
Last Updated 2015-04-05