21st December 2013, 08:02 AM |#101  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal_bigjake

Advanced/multirom/list roms/flash zip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Didn't work, still no play store and such.

EDIT: I got it to work! Thanks!

21st December 2013, 08:48 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ

I personally just backup in TiBu on ROM 1 and restore on ROM 2. Works as the backup location is stored between ROMs.

Only issue I guess is that since apps aren't shared, but installed again it takes up more memory to have to same app installed. Not a big deal as I don't really use secondaries as a DD. I'm just checking them out.

Yea that's what I was thinking as well. If there was an option like the "Share Data" alongside the current "Share kernel" while creating a secondary ROM, that'll help save plenty of memory and time. Is there a reason why only sharing kernel is permitted?

Personally I'm using MultiROM to test new ROMs before I wipe my entire stable ROM I was using. It already helped save time since I could simply boot back the primary ROM and remove the faulty secondary ROM. I remember during the galaxy nexus days, there was an app that did this but naturally MultiROM is the right way for managing ROMs! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aztriltus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aztriltus Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 04:18 PM |#103  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Is swap rom the same as factory reset and flashing the rom?

21st December 2013, 08:11 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 371

More
I was on the stock rom with franco kernel then i flashed droidkang v12 as the 2nd rom and shared the kernel between two roms now when i use the 2nd rom my phone reboots after every 5mins and when I'm on 1st rom everything works properly can someone tell what I'm doing wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st December 2013, 09:01 PM |#105  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4d4

Is swap rom the same as factory reset and flashing the rom?

It is a way to change Internal ROM with a secondary.
After doing that,
The selected secondary ROM become Internal, and internal become secondary ROM

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
21st December 2013, 11:30 PM |#106  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 693

More
Thank you for this. I'm loving this, have 4 different ROMs loaded up and all working great. This is a flashers dream come true

21st December 2013, 11:57 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Anybody has any clue how to share apps and their data?
21st December 2013, 11:58 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 1,541

More
Awesome this would be great on a tablet like the nexus 10 so we can boot Ubuntu and android. Cant wait to try this out though I don't really need more than one ROM on my phone :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
22nd December 2013, 02:03 AM |#109  
Flag Winter Haven
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Hwy guys I have everything set up and working which is so awesome! However when going to List ROM'S and selecting to flash gapps or a kernel it's not sticking... The flash shows it completed successfully but when rebooting gapps aren't flashed nor is the kernel. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
22nd December 2013, 03:04 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 2,590

More
Works fine for me. I installed omni but forgot gapps or root. So I rebooted recovery and went to Advanced-MultiRom-List ROM's- Omni - flash zip. Added PA gapps and supersu 1.86 no issues at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoyJ Ad-Free
22nd December 2013, 11:52 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niv3d

Hwy guys I have everything set up and working which is so awesome! However when going to List ROM'S and selecting to flash gapps or a kernel it's not sticking... The flash shows it completed successfully but when rebooting gapps aren't flashed nor is the kernel. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are you sure you flashed it on the right ROM, and that you're rebooting into the right ROM? For me everything is working fine.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdel12345

Awesome this would be great on a tablet like the nexus 10 so we can boot Ubuntu and android. Cant wait to try this out though I don't really need more than one ROM on my phone :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Tasssader only supports the devices he has.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, dualboot, multi boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)