818 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,168

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2013, 11:52 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niv3d

Hwy guys I have everything set up and working which is so awesome! However when going to List ROM'S and selecting to flash gapps or a kernel it's not sticking... The flash shows it completed successfully but when rebooting gapps aren't flashed nor is the kernel. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are you sure you flashed it on the right ROM, and that you're rebooting into the right ROM? For me everything is working fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdel12345

Awesome this would be great on a tablet like the nexus 10 so we can boot Ubuntu and android. Cant wait to try this out though I don't really need more than one ROM on my phone :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Tasssader only supports the devices he has.

22nd December 2013, 01:19 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 1,010

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGWUser

Tasssader only supports the devices he has.

I don't think he has a nexus 5 or a nexus 4, he's that awesome
22nd December 2013, 01:24 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbsss

I don't think he has a nexus 5, he's a pretty awesome guy

https://plus.google.com/106544733723...ts/Nt1DLWLfFsF

The Following User Says Thank You to SGWUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SGWUser Ad-Free
22nd December 2013, 01:35 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 1,010

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGWUser

https://plus.google.com/106544733723...ts/Nt1DLWLfFsF

Wow, has he got a nexus 4 too?
23rd December 2013, 01:39 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is there anyway to make the roms share the /data/apps/ folder?
This would be soooo usefull with the huge amount of space you would save with installed apps.
I'm not a developer of any sort and I don't understand alot about this stuff, but from what I (think I) understood, you are "fooling" the device to boot from a certain folder in the internal storage as it was the root of the system, wouldn't it be possible to do the same but make /data/apps/ be the internal rom one?

Sorry if I'm just saying bull**** that doesn't make sense ._.
The Following User Says Thank You to xTorment For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xTorment Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 04:30 AM |#116  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 139

More
@tassadar there's a new issue with the newest opendelta (omnirom). For some reason, it re-checks "check zip verification" when opendelta tries to reboot into TWRP and auto-flash. I guess I can try to get a log.

https://plus.google.com/106652850397...ts/bomSp3e3swd

EDIT: I checked the openrecoveryscript for the current nightly and I see:

Code:
set tw_signed_zip_verify 1
install OpenDelta/Omni-4.4.2-20131223-hammerhead-NIGHTLY.zip
set tw_signed_zip_verify 0
The Following User Says Thank You to Neejay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neejay Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 09:27 AM |#117  
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Guys just a question about this awesome work. I'm using 3 different ROMs, shared kernel, but every time I flash a new kernel on the first ROM (the primary one), it does not effect the other 2 roms. Is this right? I mean, should I flash the specified kernel for every ROM I am using? Because with the "shared kernel" setting I was thinking to just flash the kernel to the primary ROM and then it would have been fine for the other 2..

If I boot one of the 2 not primary ROMs I can see the kernel is not recognized because it shows the stock one at phone info.
23rd December 2013, 02:45 PM |#118  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak24

Guys just a question about this awesome work. I'm using 3 different ROMs, shared kernel, but every time I flash a new kernel on the first ROM (the primary one), it does not effect the other 2 roms. Is this right? I mean, should I flash the specified kernel for every ROM I am using? Because with the "shared kernel" setting I was thinking to just flash the kernel to the primary ROM and then it would have been fine for the other 2..

If I boot one of the 2 not primary ROMs I can see the kernel is not recognized because it shows the stock one at phone info.

There's a option to share kernel, when you add a Rom.

23rd December 2013, 02:49 PM |#119  
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4d4

There's a option to share kernel, when you add a Rom.

Already checked that.
23rd December 2013, 10:21 PM |#120  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Regarding app/data sharing...
while on GNex there was an app called Rom Switcher which enabled multi-boot along with options to share just app or app+data.
While sharing only apps worked flawlessly, sharing the app+data created tons of FCs.
I think this is to be well expected since, whenever we dirty flash a completely new rom or even restore system data from TiBu, we often encounter lots of FCs.
So I think sharing app+data will be a huge challenge or even an impossibility - just my opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to sarun_biotech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sarun_biotech Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 11:14 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 2,587

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak24

Already checked that.

Are you saying you want a different kernel on ROM 2 than on ROM 1?

So for example ROM 1 (internal) = stock with Franco kernel
Secondary ROM 2 Mahdi with chaos

Like that? Just go to advanced > multi rom > list Roms > *select secondary ROM* > flash zip

Just flash the zip file from there. Just make sure it has the multi boot patch if I'm not mistaken.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, dualboot, multi boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)