Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2014, 01:59 PM |#501  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrany

Isnt there a way to run the commands in the device?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think the only way to do that without terminal is through adb...

But i dont think its to good to do that if you have ubuntu installed as the secondary rom because it might f@€% up the kernel etc...
Just guessing though!

2nd February 2014, 05:09 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 4,129

Donate to Me
More
Step by step procedure for Ubuntu Touch please
I am just not able to check out Ubuntu Touch, even after using the Jan 30 zip for root.fs no matter what kernel I use. Could any one who has successfully done it provide a step by step process including kernel used etc?

Edit: Finally got the right root.fs zip and booted into Ubuntu. Looks promising but we could be months away from something usable. Very cool UI!
2nd February 2014, 09:59 PM |#503  
Flag rochester
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachanta

I am just not able to check out Ubuntu Touch, even after using the Jan 30 zip for root.fs no matter what kernel I use. Could any one who has successfully done it provide a step by step process including kernel used etc?

Edit: Finally got the right root.fs zip and booted into Ubuntu. Looks promising but we could be months away from something usable. Very cool UI!

i have tried everything ... reflashing recovery and multi rom both from the app and manually and changing kernels and trying older sys zips and using just the links provided and never gets past the google logo ...... it boots up then the screen goes dark as if it is timing out and you can hit the lock button and light the up the screen with the google logo ...... what am i doing wrong??????????
3rd February 2014, 10:08 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

It can't boot because of some change in rootfs package (the bigger one, ogra updates it too, and link is still the same). For now, use this one, it's from 20140130 and works for me. The new device ZIP files are okay.

http://d-h.st/NL6 or http://goo.im/devs/Tassadar/utouch//...f-20140130.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgm3590

i have tried everything ... reflashing recovery and multi rom both from the app and manually and changing kernels and trying older sys zips and using just the links provided and never gets past the google logo ...... it boots up then the screen goes dark as if it is timing out and you can hit the lock button and light the up the screen with the google logo ...... what am i doing wrong??????????

use link above
3rd February 2014, 02:56 PM |#505  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
Really really appreciate everyone's efforts here. As soon as you folks get sound working I will buy a Nexus 5.
AndroidSlave
3rd February 2014, 05:30 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@Tasssadar I just got into pong by accident. Throwback! How do I get there again?

Sent from Nexus 5 (📱) on Slimkat
3rd February 2014, 06:49 PM |#507  
Flag Delaware The Great Boring State
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSlave

@Tasssadar I just got into pong by accident. Throwback! How do I get there again?

Sent from Nexus 5 (📱) on Slimkat

LOL I did too. I was like what the heck. Just hit the area where the text MultiRom is displayed. and Hit power to exit out of it.v
3rd February 2014, 11:54 PM |#508  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Donate to Me
More
I think I've fixed the time/date in recovery. Please flash this recovery and report back if the time is correct or not, and if not, please attach recovery.log. Remember you still have to set the correct timezone in settings.

Unfortunatelly, it depends on Android to save the time, so if you wipe you /data, recovery won't be able to show correct date until you boot your Android ROM.

Recovery Image: http://tasemnice.eu/bordel/TWRP_mult...d_20140203.img

TWRP patch: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/5327/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
4th February 2014, 12:25 AM |#509  
Flag GA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Does anyone know of a workaround for a 'app2sd' type ability to send apps to internal memory for this nexus 5?

I really like the ability to be able to have multiple ROMs but being that I only have a 16gb with 12.5gb usable it would be nice if I could share a few of the multitude of apps that I have installed and use on a daily basis...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

I think I've fixed the time/date in recovery. Please flash this recovery and report back if the time is correct or not, and if not, please attach recovery.log. Remember you still have to set the correct timezone in settings.

I flashed the .img using 'recovery tools' and can confirm that it did show the correct time! Thanks!!

4th February 2014, 12:31 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachanta

Since you figured it out, would you write the same step by step process that you were requesting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th February 2014, 12:43 AM |#511  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 6

More
If I fklash two Roms both running android are they supposed to share a data set

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, dualboot, multi boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)