FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nexus 5] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 87,995

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 1st November 2013, 03:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2018, 10:22 PM |#941  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root has gone
Hi, my nexus 6 died and I had to get my nexus 5 out. I updated it to nougat but locked the bootloader and idk how but the SU is not on the rom. I've no computer. The phone has TWRP working and BB installed.
Is there a way to get root back?
If I flash a rom with SU will it loop or be OK?
Tnx for any help!

13th October 2018, 03:33 AM |#942  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Landshut (Ndb.)
Thanks Meter: 4,478

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJB1963

Root has gone
Hi, my nexus 6 died and I had to get my nexus 5 out. I updated it to nougat but locked the bootloader and idk how but the SU is not on the rom. I've no computer. The phone has TWRP working and BB installed.
Is there a way to get root back?
If I flash a rom with SU will it loop or be OK?
Tnx for any help!

Don't lock the bootloader unless you're back to full stock, it's actually pretty risky to lock the bootloader with any significant modifications, like a custom recovery, custom rom, kernel, etc., honestly I wonder how's this even possible without softbricking the device....

SuperSU was dropped by chainfire, so you should probably switch to Magisk, magisk manager can patch the boot image, you'll however extract your kernel or find a compatible boot.img, then use magisk manager, tap "install" and chose "patch boot image" and navigate to the folder the boot.img is in and select it, after successfully patching the image flash it via TWRP.
You'll maybe clean/dirty flash your ROM and/or run osmosis' unsu.zip, depending on the way SuperSU was originally installed...

Or simply flash the LineageOS SU addon if all you need is basic root privileges, the SU-option was removed long time ago...

https://download.lineageos.org/extras
Chose SU for lineageOS 14.1 for arm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)