FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Paranoid Android 7.3.0 - AOSPA - Google Nexus 5

2,317 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,389

Post Reply Email Thread

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimizations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:
- Reworked Pie
- Color engine
- Immersive mode
- Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
- On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
- SafetyNet Compatibility
- Battery/Notification LED control
- Recent tasks locking
- Battery icon customization
- Google now page in default launcher
- Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
- Quick pulldown
- Various performance and battery improvements
- Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
- Pocket Lock
- More to explore

Device specific features for Google Nexus 5 (List is being updated):
- Replaced MPDesicion with a better & improved AutoSMP (improves battery life)
- aptX and aptXHD support

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Download

Get our latest Google Nexus 5 build here.

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Special Thanks
- @CertifiedBlyndGuy for all the help and improvements done in the kernel
- @berbat0v & the other testers for all the help provided.

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
SuperSU root package
Paranoid Android Community (G+)
Our kernel sauce (hammerhead)

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @marcomarinho, @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @ChrisLahaye @Thecrazyskull are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSPA, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
marcomarinho, CertifiedBlyndGuy, xboxfanj, thecrazylex, thecrazyskull, herna
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CAF

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 7.2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-20

Created 2017-07-20
Last Updated 2017-07-20
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th July 2017, 06:58 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Porto

Donate to Me
More
Install instructions

We highly recommend you to follow these instructions very carefully. Users usually tend to skip a few steps and eventually fall in trouble. Are you with me? Good. Let's get this train going.

Just a few things to keep in mind first -
If you're coming from another ROM / Stock, your system data (not internal storage) will have to be wiped. This includes apps, accounts, messages, call logs etc.
There's been some users complaining about different GAPPS variants messing up installs and causing a ton of issues. Upon investigating it seems OpenGapps Mini/Nano work best.
Understand that Paranoid Android is a custom ROM and it might lead to addiction as it's relatively good. We shouldn't be accused of anything just incase your cat starts drinking wine. Things get a little woozy in the Paranoid World.
Some brain might be involved if things go wrong. Not a lot though, as much to solve what's 1+1.
Okay let's get to the main bit.

We recommend a full wipe.

Flashing order:
1. Back up to PC everything you would need (whole of Internal Storage including and not limited to
Titanium Backup folder, Music, Pictures, etc)
2. Reboot into TWRP Recovery
5. Format all partitions except the "internal" partition**
6. Flash AOSPA zip
7. Flash Gapps zip
8. Flash SuperSu or Magisk (optional)
9. Reboot System

** For F2FS on /data the internal partition needs to be wiped too.

First boot time would be about 3-4 minutes on an average.

Introduction by @arzbhatia
Instructions by @thechints
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2017, 06:58 PM |#3  
Flag Porto

Donate to Me
More
This one is mine too
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2017, 06:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Thanks for your work mate.

grabbed few screens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aswin08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aswin08 Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 07:02 PM |#5  
Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Yes!!!
20th July 2017, 07:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks Bob will try and report soon !
20th July 2017, 07:29 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 728

Donate to Me
More
Feeling kind of bad to deliver the bad news so fast, but i am stuck at Google logo. I doubt it is a ROM fault, more likely incompatibly between the CAF kernel and my chineese non-oem cheap screen I use. The logs are given below, if you could help me.
Attached Files
File Type: txt last_kmsg1.txt - [Click for QR Code] (111.2 KB, 188 views)
20th July 2017, 07:30 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bailey
Thanks Meter: 2,769

More
Thank you @marcomarinho!

You helped me out a ton as well. SafetyNet would still be broken on onyx were it not for you! Good job
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CertifiedBlyndGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2017, 07:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Nice Marco

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashko98

Feeling kind of bad to deliver the bad news so fast, but i am stuck at Google logo. I doubt it is a ROM fault, more likely incompatibly between the CAF kernel and my chineese non-oem cheap screen I use. The logs are given below, if you could help me.

Yup, unfortunately non-OEM screens do not work with CAF roms. I dont think there is anything you can do..
20th July 2017, 07:53 PM |#10  
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 186

More
@marcomarinho
on the other thread (general) you said that you were trying to fix the camera Error happening since lollipop..does this build include the fix..??

and thank you for your great effort...
20th July 2017, 08:01 PM |#11  
Flag Porto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeesh vijayan

@marcomarinho
on the other thread (general) you said that you were trying to fix the camera Error happening since lollipop..does this build include the fix..??

and thank you for your great effort...

Still under test ..
The Following User Says Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)