FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][DEPRECATED] AOSP-X: AOSP with unofficial Xposed and GravityBox integrated

7,005 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,075

Post Reply Email Thread
AOSP-X - Experimental Android 7.1.2 for Nexus5 with unofficial Xposed Framework and GravityBox integrated

This ROM is now deprecated. Use official Xposed Framework with a ROM of your choice instead.

Purpose
I built this ROM for my personal use for the purpose of migrating GravityBox to Nougat until official Xposed Framework is available, since I needed as clean and as stable environment as it was possible to get.
Since XDA community is often also about exploring and experimenting with new things I decided to share it with the community.
This ROM should be treated as experimental and may contain bugs - whether coming from Android itself - caused by Nougat not being officially available for the Nexus5
- or from the Xposed Framework itself - as its unofficial version is far from being complete and bug-free.
If you feel adventurous, feel free to experiment and maybe provide a feedback.

Android 7.1.2
This built was updated to the latest 7.1.2_r33 branch from AOSP repository.

Xposed Framework
ROM was compiled with ART and app_process patches provided by abforce which he introduced to bring unofficial Xposed Framework to Nougat.
XposedBridge is my personal version which is slightly different than one distributed with unofficial Xposed Framework ZIPs. Namely:
- it has resource injection fixed which is needed for the modules that inject fake resources into foreign packages during runtime
- it loads GravityBox implicitly which means Xposed Installer app is not required

GravityBox
GravityBox is integrated directly into the system partition and implicitly loaded by XposedBridge during boot.
It is a special "lightweight" version that was specifically designed for AOSP-X and thus is stripped off of all the code that was related to other
devices and systems. It will run only on this ROM (it will refuse to run if extracted and used on a different ROM).

Other modules
If you want to experiment with additional modules, simply install Xposed Installer app.

Gapps
Use Open Gapps of your choice

Source code
AOSP: http://android.googlesource.com/
ART: https://github.com/abforce/xposed_art_n
app_process: https://github.com/abforce/xposed_app_process
XposedBridge: https://github.com/C3C0/XposedBridge
Device trees: https://github.com/nougat-hammerhead...lge_hammerhead
Kernel: https://github.com/nougat-hammerhead...lge_hammerhead

Credits
yashade2001 - for device trees, kernel, build system
abforce - for ART, app_process

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byo...ew?usp=sharing
MD5: c484af87fa690b74bbaf8f1e5d3e9452
Feel free to share the mirrors as Google Drive limits may prevent the link from working soon.

I will be offline for more than a week since Monday next week so I won't be able to take part in discussions during that time period.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free

18th August 2017, 01:56 PM |#2  
Flag Hatinya Nabilah
Thanks Meter: 507

Donate to Me
More
Great broo
19th August 2017, 03:14 AM |#3  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 530

Donate to Me
More
thank you so much mate, i will definitely try it
20th August 2017, 01:07 AM |#4  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 516

More
Thank you very much. Installed as secondary, and its running smooth.
One question: Is there root integrated, which have to be activated or do we need to install a root? (Any recommendations if magisk or supersu?)

Gratefully
Blade

EDIT: Installed Magisk, everything perfect
The Following User Says Thank You to BIade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BIade Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 03:22 AM |#5  
Flag muscat
Thanks Meter: 143

Donate to Me
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	1503192062005.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	4246669what does means B left. and GB

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
20th August 2017, 07:27 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanifvahora

what does means B left. and GB

Strange. Shows ok on mine using English US locale.
Looks like messed up string resources.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 03:32 PM |#7  
Flag Cologne

More
Outstanding!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing it. For you its just a personal testing build, for me it has a even higher value than the AospExtended (which im building for the last months).

A lot of thing are working perfectly out of the box! Congratulations! Really nice

I spotted a bug and i thought perhaps it might help you:
Some thing are get doubled, for example:
  • Lock-screen Shortcuts are displayed in 2 identical rows.
  • Navigationbar->"Additional/Extra/Custom Button" (dont know the right translation)

Here are some screenshot of this awesome ROM

The Following User Says Thank You to BIade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BIade Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 04:57 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIade

Outstanding!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing it. For you its just a personal testing build, for me it has a even higher value than the AospExtended (which im building for the last months).

A lot of thing are working perfectly out of the box! Congratulations! Really nice

I spotted a bug and i thought perhaps it might help you:
Some thing are get doubled, for example:
Lock-screen Shortcuts are displayed in 2 identical rows.

Navigationbar->"Additional/Extra/Custom Button" (dont know the right translation)

Navigationbar->"Additional/Extra/Custom Button" (dont know the right translation)

Thanks for the feedback. Redundant issue is strange. It looks like if module was loaded 2 times. Maybe check "adb logcat -s Xposed" which should tell you if this was the case. Anyway, I'm leaving home for a vacation soon and will be offline for more than a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 09:41 PM |#9  
Flag Cologne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

Thanks for the feedback. Redundant issue is strange. It looks like if module was loaded 2 times. Maybe check "adb logcat -s Xposed" which should tell you if this was the case. Anyway, I'm leaving home for a vacation soon and will be offline for more than a week.

LoL, thanks for solving it. I enabled it in the installer thus it was running 2 times. U rock ^^
21st August 2017, 01:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIade

(..)
I spotted a bug and i thought perhaps it might help you: (...)

And it should be "Beim gedrückt Halten". Notice the upper case "H" due to the nominalised verb. This is the same for both the 1901 orthography and the 1996/2004/2006/2017 variants.
23rd August 2017, 03:00 AM |#11  
Flag muscat
Thanks Meter: 143

Donate to Me
More
Facebook videos can't able playing. Why ??? Anyone having same issues or me only....
Never quote whole OP when replying :-S

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)