FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

1,906 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,606

By razorloves, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 1st December 2016, 05:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Important Info
Information and installation instruction can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

NOTE 1: You need to use an older version of the Google Camera app if you want 100% working camera. The newest version in the play store does not fully support our camera. You can download from here and install it, then immediately go to the camera app in the play store and tap the 3 dot menu in top right corner and disable auto updates.
NOTE 2: I recommend using the newest radio and bootloader from the final factory image released by google (M4B30Z, Dec 2016). You can extract them from the factory image here, or use the ones linked below that I already extracted.
These can be flashed with fastboot.
Tip: If your device already has these versions installed, there's no need to reflash them. You can boot into fastboot mode and see the radio and bootloader version numbers.
* radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.2.30.img
* bootloader-hammerhead-hhz20h.img

Download Links
LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/hammerhead
Google apps: Beans GApps (recommend mini)
SU addon zip: Addon Install zip / Addon Removal zip NOTE: LineageOS does not come with root, so this is now provided for those that want it. The install zip is a one time flash, like gapps. Meaning, it persists when updating to a new LineageOS nightly. REF: https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Changelog
https://download.lineageos.org/hammerhead/changes/

Stats
https://stats.lineageos.org/

Contributors:
cdesai, droidfivex, razorloves

Source Code:
Device tree: https://www.github.com/LineageOS/and...d/tree/cm-14.1
Kernel tree: https://www.github.com/LineageOS/and...d/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.0

The Following 128 Users Say Thank You to razorloves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razorloves Ad-Free

1st December 2016, 06:39 AM |#2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great News
Excellent. Will try and revert with some screenshots.
The Following User Says Thank You to sukhpreet011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sukhpreet011 Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 10:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
How is the rom for non caf? What are the bugs? Is it stable? Does it have the pixel nav bar animation?
1st December 2016, 11:14 AM |#4  
Teletubby Land
Thanks Meter: 225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead0101

How is the rom for non caf? What are the bugs? Is it stable? Does it have the pixel nav bar animation?

why don't you try is for yourself instead of asking what is working or not. that's why there's a custom recovery called TWRP so you can back up and restore your data.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheeze.keyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheeze.keyk Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 11:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze.keyk

why don't you try is for yourself instead of asking what is working or not. that's why there's a custom recovery called TWRP so you can back up and restore your data.

Yeah man just flashed it. Working great but no Pixel Nav Bar . Everything working fine
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HammerHead0101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HammerHead0101 Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 12:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 236

More
it's a last bootloader and radio img?
1st December 2016, 12:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead0101

Yeah man just flashed it. Working great but no Pixel Nav Bar . Everything working fine

screenshot pls
1st December 2016, 12:42 PM |#8  
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Been waiting for this. Will Xposed work on 7.1 though?
1st December 2016, 01:53 PM |#9  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 33

More
FEEDBACK SO FAR:
At first, most of Google made apps didn't work, had to reinstall them. CM Bug Report app keeps crashing at every restart. HDR doesn't work on Google Camera (it's there but it doesn't work). Theme Engine missing is a known fact, we'll have it in future updates. Many CM features from the settings menu, don't work, they are present and active, but no changes occur when using them. Battery charges slow as you can see from the screenshot.
The rest seems ok, after 3 hours of use.

Offtopic opinion. The Navigation dropdown with all it's quicksettings and whatever is a downgrade for me. Lollipop/Marshmallow had better looking system graphics, with floating navigation bar and notifications and nicer animations when pulling the notification bar down. Now it's just fullscreen flat thingy.
Had to take this of my chest regarding Android Nougat...but we have to blend with the evolution right?

Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161201-154824.jpg
Views:	13676
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	3954656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161201-154834.jpg
Views:	13768
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	3954657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161201-154839.jpg
Views:	13632
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	3954658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161201-154851.png
Views:	13410
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	3954659  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gigis50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gigis50 Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 02:30 PM |#10  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigis50

FEEDBACK SO FAR:
At first, most of Google made apps didn't work, had to reinstall them. CM Bug Report app keeps crashing at every restart. HDR doesn't work on Google Camera (it's there but it doesn't work). Theme Engine missing is a known fact, we'll have it in future updates. Many CM features from the settings menu, don't work, they are present and active, but no changes occur when using them. Battery charges slow as you can see from the screenshot.
The rest seems ok, after 3 hours of use.

Offtopic opinion. The Navigation dropdown with all it's quicksettings and whatever is a downgrade for me. Lollipop/Marshmallow had better looking system graphics, with floating navigation bar and notifications and nicer animations when pulling the notification bar down. Now it's just fullscreen flat thingy.
Had to take this of my chest regarding Android Nougat...but we have to blend with the evolution right?

Screenshots:

What version are you using? 2.7, 3.2 or 4.X? Have you tried video recording?
1st December 2016, 02:40 PM |#11  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher

What version are you using? 2.7, 3.2 or 4.X? Have you tried video recording?

Always on the latest updates. It updated by itself after booting, it's 4.2.xxx
Video recording works. Google Camera used to have a bug and it still does on CM13, but on the Nexus 4. When trying to slide to video, it force closes... Same on my tablet with an unofficial CM13, it's a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
I know the HDR doesn't work because usually it deactivates the flash when it's on, or the other way around (turning on flash disables HDR), but now it's doesn't do that and the flash works with HDR on and it shouldn't...
I think something like this was happening in CM12 and it started working after a few updates of the Google Camera and CM...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lineage, lineageos

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)