FORUMS

[ROM] [6.0.1] [MARSHMALLOW] CyanogenMod 13 for Nexus 5

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By experience7, Guest on 12th November 2015, 03:33 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CyanogenMod

About CyanogenMod:
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Disclaimer:
CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Instructions:
1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
2. Update recovery [Recommended -> TWRP for hammerhead]
3. Install ROM
4. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (6.0)]

Sources & Changes:
Source | Changes | CyanogenMod
Source | Changes | Device tree
Source | Changes | Kernel tree

Download:
  • Personal builds:
    ...my Google Drive

Dependencies / local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_hammerhead" path="device/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" />
    </manifest>

...my other CyanogenMod threads for the Google Nexus 5:
CM-12.x AOSP | CM-12.x CAF
CM-13.x AOSP | CM-13.x CAF
CM-14.x AOSP | CM-14.x CAF

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [6.0.1] [MARSHMALLOW] CyanogenMod 13 for Nexus 5, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
experience7
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2015-11-12
Last Updated 2016-11-20
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to experience7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift experience7 Ad-Free
experience7
12th November 2015, 03:34 PM |#2  

More
Reserved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
12th November 2015, 04:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I don't understand why this thread was started when this other one has been around for a while? http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...od-13-t3236550
experience7
12th November 2015, 04:50 PM |#4  

More
@MasterTec: Only difference I see right now is that the other build uses a custom toolchain. And I don't know if the thread starter is going to cherry pick stuff or something... this one right here will always be pure CM - be it unofficial or official (Yeah, this thread will turn into the official one as soon as nightly builds start rolling out on the CM servers).
Hope the difference is somewhat clear
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
13th November 2015, 08:36 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,731

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by experience7

@MasterTec: Only difference I see right now is that the other build uses a custom toolchain. And I don't know if the thread starter is going to cherry pick stuff or something... this one right here will always be pure CM - be it unofficial or official (Yeah, this thread will turn into the official one as soon as nightly builds start rolling out on the CM servers).
Hope the difference is somewhat clear

Did you ask myfluxi to post his unofficial builds on this new thread? (just to know if I have to keep a subscription to the AOSP CM12.1 thread)

EDIT: SuperSU not working?
13th November 2015, 06:31 PM |#7  

More
Now on Tap is not working for me (Nexus 5).
14th November 2015, 10:13 AM |#8  
Flag Behbahan
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmooth89

Confirmed.
14th November 2015, 10:14 AM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,332

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siamak5561

Confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmooth89

That's because of the navigation bar options
14th November 2015, 03:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 271

More
are SU terminal commands like
"settings put system display_temperature_mode 4"
"svc data disable"
working?
binaries are in the /system/bin, but cannot be executed
14th November 2015, 05:48 PM |#11  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 85