Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [7.1.1] [NOUGAT] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Nexus 5 [CAF]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By experience7, Guest on 24th August 2016, 06:51 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CyanogenMod

About CyanogenMod:
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Disclaimer:
CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning:
If you have a repaired Nexus 5 this ROM may not boot on your device. Allegedly certain replacement display units / panels have issues with higher tick-rates. Read this thread for more information.

Instructions:
1. Make sure you're using the proper bootloader and radio version. Extract them from the latest Marshmallow factory image from Google and flash them via fastboot!
2. Update recovery [Recommended -> TWRP for hammerheadcaf. Recoveries for hammerhead work as well.]
3. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
4. Install ROM
5. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

What is CAF?
codeaurora.org
Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. The projects provide the tested code needed to bring innovative, performance optimized, open source based products to market and also serves as a staging area for code that is submitted to upstream projects such as the kernel and Android. Code Aurora Forum welcomes the participation of projects for multiple architectures. QuIC, as one of the members of Code Aurora Forum, provides support for Qualcomm hardware via the code it contributes to Code Aurora Forum. Code Aurora Forum also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Sources & Changes:
Source | Changes | CyanogenMod
Source | Changes | Device tree
Source | Changes | Kernel tree

Download:
  • Personal builds:
    ...my Google Drive

Dependencies / local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_hammerheadcaf" path="device/lge/hammerheadcaf" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1-caf" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
      <project name="myfluxi/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" />
    </manifest>

...my CyanogenMod threads for the Google Nexus 5:
CM-12.x AOSP | CM-12.x CAF
CM-13.x AOSP | CM-13.x CAF
CM-14.x AOSP | CM-14.x CAF

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [7.1.1] [NOUGAT] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Nexus 5 [CAF], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
experience7
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-08-24
Last Updated 2016-12-12
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to experience7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift experience7 Ad-Free

28th September 2016, 08:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
first builds are online. As reported BT and camera are not working.
https://nyyu.tk/jenkins/job/cm14_hammerheadcaf/8/
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nexzor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nexzor Ad-Free
29th September 2016, 11:36 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag CITY OF PARKS
Thanks Meter: 6,097

More
@experience7 OP
If you have an update, please confirm that the Project is ready and post the DL (as advised by my colleague above
29th September 2016, 12:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SREEPRAJAY

@experience7 OP
If you have an update, please confirm that the Project is ready and post the DL (as advised by my colleague above)

download page: https://nyyu.tk/jenkins/job/cm14_hammerheadcaf/

Changelog: https://nyyu.tk/jenkins/job/cm14_hammerheadcaf/changes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simplicio11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simplicio11 Ad-Free
experience7
29th September 2016, 12:08 PM |#5  

More
There is not an official download yet. However, I'll add links to sources and other things later and pm Perseus and you when I'm ready. Thanks a lot!
EDIT: Thanks @ simplicio11
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
29th September 2016, 01:45 PM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by experience7

There is not an official download yet. However, I'll add links to sources and other things later and pm Perseus and you when I'm ready. Thanks a lot!
EDIT: Thanks @ simplicio11

Hi! Is this going to be a proper cyanogenmod ROM with theme manager and other features or like the other early builds that are basically similar to AOSP? In either case, thanks for taking out the time to keep this device alive!
29th September 2016, 02:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Could you try to implement kexec-hardboot patch? For Multirom usage
The Following User Says Thank You to m3shat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m3shat Ad-Free
29th September 2016, 10:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Md5 9/29 build?
experience7
30th September 2016, 06:49 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh2193

Hi! Is this going to be a proper cyanogenmod ROM with theme manager and other features or like the other early builds that are basically similar to AOSP? In either case, thanks for taking out the time to keep this device alive!

Every CM build mainly uses CyanogenMod sources from their GitHub. That's what we currently have. It takes some time to implement all CM features into the new code base but yes, it will be a 'proper' CM ROM. Give it a few more months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shat

Could you try to implement kexec-hardboot patch? For Multirom usage

Most likely never going to happen. Fork the project and do it yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
30th September 2016, 05:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 403

Donate to Me
More
Are last 2 builds unstable?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crisis_trustee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crisis_trustee Ad-Free
30th September 2016, 10:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Could you post when Bluetooth is fixed @experience7
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread