By experience7, Guest on 30th December 2016, 12:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS
LineageOS

About LineageOS:

Lin·e·age
/ˈlinēij/
noun
  1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
  2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

Warning:
If you have a repaired Nexus 5 this ROM may not boot on your device. Allegedly certain replacement display units / panels have issues with higher tick-rates. Read this thread for more information.

Instructions:
1. Make sure you're using the required bootloader and radio version. Extract them from the latest Marshmallow factory image from Google and flash them via fastboot!
2. Update recovery [Recommended -> TWRP for hammerhead]
3. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
4. Install ROM
5. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

What is CAF?
codeaurora.org
Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. The projects provide the tested code needed to bring innovative, performance optimized, open source based products to market and also serves as a staging area for code that is submitted to upstream projects such as the kernel and Android. Code Aurora welcomes the participation of projects for multiple architectures. QuIC, as one of the members of Code Aurora, provides support for Qualcomm hardware via the code it contributes to Code Aurora. Code Aurora also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Source code & Code review:
Source code | Code review | LineageOS
Source code | Code review | Device tree
Source code | Code review | Kernel tree

Download:
  • Official:
    Official downloads are not available.
  • Personal builds:
    ...my Google Drive

Dependencies / local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_hammerheadcaf" path="device/lge/hammerheadcaf" remote="github" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1-caf" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" />
    </manifest>

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [7.1.1] [NOUGAT] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 5 [CAF], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
experience7
Source Code: github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader: HHZ20h | Baseband: M8974A-2.0.50.2.30
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-12-30
Last Updated 2017-02-06
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to experience7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift experience7 Ad-Free

experience7
30th December 2016, 12:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Reserved
You might have heard about the end of Cyanogen Inc. and its consequences for CyanogenMod. The project is currently getting rebranded for several reasons (e.g. to avoid legal issues) and will continue as "Lineage OS".

I created this new thread mainly to avoid confusion.

CyanogenMod is dead. Long live Lineage OS.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
experience7
30th December 2016, 12:22 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Reserved
Reserved
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
30th December 2016, 12:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Great!
30th December 2016, 08:21 PM |#5  
Flag Viana do Castelo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It´s everything working ok?
30th December 2016, 08:32 PM |#6  
Flag Somewhere in time
Thanks Meter: 504

More
It's CAF live for Lineage?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P
30th December 2016, 11:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
A link to the cm14caf thread for future reference

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3447048
31st December 2016, 12:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I've been using this for a couple days. It feels like everything that was made so far is substitution of CM lines with Lineage OS ones using MS Word's find and replace feature. Although battery life is way more short on current unofficial builds in comparison with latest CM14.1 CAF nightly builds, I guess it's because of different kernels.
31st December 2016, 01:19 PM |#9  
Flag Inverness
Thanks Meter: 320

More
I'm really wanting to try this new ROM but I'm without a PC so I can't extract the radio etc and flash via fast boot.
Is there a way I can use this without a PC
John

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs
31st December 2016, 01:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhux7

I'm really wanting to try this new ROM but I'm without a PC so I can't extract the radio etc and flash via fast boot.
Is there a way I can use this without a PC
John

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs

You can download flashable bootloader and modem also from the site of the unofficial builds. This link https://nyyu.tk/cm/bootloader&radio_HHZ20h+2.30.zip
31st December 2016, 02:11 PM |#11  
Flag Inverness
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssauger

You can download flashable bootloader and modem also from the site of the unofficial builds. This link https://nyyu.tk/cm/bootloader&radio_HHZ20h+2.30.zip

If I flash these will I still be about to flash other ROMs ?
Thanks for the link
John
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)