[ROM][AOSP][6.0/7.1/8.1 RC/9.0 BETA] Unlegacy Android Project

Search This thread

Smart-X

Dec 25, 2012
This "FirstEver" guy is not a dev. He stole UnlegacyAndroid builds and tossed in free apps and tools such as Magisk that you can install yourself, and called it "his rom" all the while plastering donate buttons all over his website. He was banned from XDA for this behaviour but kept making new accounts to promote that stolen ROM. I'd recommend not supporting such people who have such blatant disregard for other people's hard work.

Well you're right. I didn't know that before. Anyway, I'm using another ROM now. Just wanna solve this BT issue.

Mark_8

May 25, 2018
Does this ROM will receive new builds (at least with August security patch)?:good:

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Yeah First Ever Guy is better in solving the problem of Bluetooth Audio Grabbled, why this Devs not interested to solve this basic thing?
Some user from time to time forget that some things aren't because one ist "Not interested", it's more like "it's an hobby".... and even devs have a private life and sometimes a full time job to pay bills.

Tornado15550

Nov 17, 2013
Yeah First Ever Guy is better in solving the problem of Bluetooth Audio Grabbled, why this Devs not interested to solve this basic thing?

Only thing "FirstEver" is good at is stealing other devs work. He hasn't solved a single thing. The only thing he knows how to do is copy and paste and call it his own. Let's end this OT discussion here.

riza.pasha

Oct 19, 2016
Don't you want the Bluetooth Grabbled Audio Solved? I have solution, because Music is not grabbling could you route Audio into Stereo?

And why after flashing from Oreo into Pie, Google Lens Not Working

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
The project was abandoned? If not, I need to get this question answered (yes, annoying, but I need it) Will they offer support for other phones? I'm looking for a lightweight option (RAM mostly) for the Galaxy A3 2015 (a33gxx). The only developer for this phone practically abandoned development, from Nougat to Q the ROMs are incomplete and / or buggy, the temporary solutions that are created (technically I have been the one who has done all the work to mitigate the excessive consumption of RAM and battery) are not final, it always falls short in something. The support from the developer is poor or null and going to GitHub is not a support option for me because I don't know how to use that platform, the traditional xda is simpler and more direct.

Poor Grammar

The project was abandoned? If not, I need to get this question answered (yes, annoying, but I need it) Will they offer support for other phones? I'm looking for a lightweight option (RAM mostly) for the Galaxy A3 2015 (a33gxx). The only developer for this phone practically abandoned development, from Nougat to Q the ROMs are incomplete and / or buggy, the temporary solutions that are created (technically I have been the one who has done all the work to mitigate the excessive consumption of RAM and battery) are not final, it always falls short in something. The support from the developer is poor or null and going to GitHub is not a support option for me because I don't know how to use that platform, the traditional xda is simpler and more direct.

I think you answered your own question.. Also looks like your question is in wrong thread

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
I think you answered your own question.. Also looks like your question is in wrong thread

"I think you answered your own question" I was never hopeful about it except for someone involved with development to respond, I still keep waiting until the next few days.

"Also looks like your question is in wrong thread" The thing that interested me the least was that, everyone does it anyway, why feel guilty?

Hey Guys,
There is a strange issue with clock font color and look at this picture, it's dark and I couldn't find anything to change it to white. I tested device theme (light and dark) and nothing happened.

Would you please help me?

Android 9 - Unlegacy AOSP CAF

Update: Problem resolved after putting device theme on light and restarting the device.

Attachments

• photo_2021-10-20_19-34-34.jpg
    photo_2021-10-20_19-34-34.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Unlegacy Android Project​
    Introduction
    Unlegacy-Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy Android was born. In our opinion, these ROMs are how the official updates would look.

On top of AOSP, we only include changes which are necessary to support the hardware, be secure, and get acceptable performance. Current features for hammerhead include:
    • BFQ IO scheduler (official kernel 3.4 release), set up so GUI processes have the highest priority
    • Volume button wakeup (setprop persist.wm.volume_wake_screen 1)
    • Last upstream (kernel/msm) hammerhead kernel tag merged
    • Charging LED control (setprop persist.sys.led_on_charger 0)
    • Enhanced backlight map for lower min brightness
    • Night display blue light filter (GLES-based)
    • KCAL & PCC color temperature interfaces
    • Other security patches & minor bug fixes
    • F2FS support from K4.4 backports
    • SELinux in Enforcing mode
    Installation
    It's important that /system needs to be unmounted before installing the ROM - some recoveries tend to leave it mounted after performing operations on it.

If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post.

Aside from these, installation and upgrading is no different than on other ROMs.

Problems
    • No known issues on Nougat builds
    • See post #3 for Oreo/Pie notes
    If you notice anything, be sure to report it in this thread. Stability is our main concern. While it may takes some time, I usually read the thread and acknowledge the bug reports, even if I don't reply directly to them.

Downloads
    See: http://builds.unlegacy-android.org. Our automated builds ensure that we always have the latest Android security patches merged in, without having to manually start and upload builds :)
    Also, we'll have a built-in OTA updater (just like stock) soon (it's a work in progress).

Features?
    There isn't much to say here - this is AOSP, if you install GApps, you pretty much get the same thing that's running on the Nexus devices (see second post). The aim of this project is to create a fast and stable ROM, as close to AOSP as possible without diminishing usability. Occasionally, small non-AOSP features may be implemented, provided there is a clear need and they make sense on hammerhead.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    amaces, Ziyan
    Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2017-04-18
    Current Beta Version: 9.0.0
    Beta Release Date: 2017-10-02

Created 2017-04-21
    Last Updated 2018-10-30
    Oreo/Pie Status & CAF Notes

Oreo 8.1 builds are almost bug-free at this point, but still tagged as experimental. While last issues are sorted out, I will trigger manual builds, also published at https://builds.unlegacy-android.org/aosp-8.1/hammerhead.
    To my knowledge, these are the remaining issues:
    • Bluetooth HFP speaker (mono/SCO) output is garbled. This seems related to a more general issue with audio effect/ACDB blobs.
    Once all visible issues are fixed, and stability is comparable to Nougat builds, I'll switch on official builds on our Jenkins server.

Pie 9.0 builds are also becoming fully usable. Current builds have the same one remaining HFP bug described above.

Beyond "official" experimental builds, I post personal builds (including CAF experiments) in the hammerhead folder here.

Regarding sources for the WIP CAF kernel-based builds, see https://github.com/airend/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/commits/tmp/caf+113+common. Corresponding device tree is still in rough shape and not uploaded yet, but assuming everything goes well, it'll replace current device tree when it's ready.
    GApps
    If you want to install GApps, we recommend micro packages on N builds (e.g., Open GApps), and pico otherwise.

An important note: as this is a pure AOSP ROM, installing GApps tends to be problematic: in order to try to avoid installation issues, be sure to install GApps immediately after installing the ROM, before booting the system for the first time. If you experience any issues with the Google applications, be sure to go into Settings -> Apps, and grant every permission to every Google application - most importantly, Google Play services.
    In the case of an upgrade, be sure to re-install the GApps package, as upgrading wipes /system. You shouldn't need to re-set the permissions afterwards.

Stock-like setup
    Disable the following built-in (AOSP) apps:
    - Android keyboard (once you installed Gboard)
    - Browser
    - Calculator
    - Camera
    - Clock
    - Email
    - Gallery

Install the following apps from the Play store:
    - Google Photos (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos)
    - Calculator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calculator)
    - Chrome (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome)
    - Clock (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock)
    - Gboard (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin)
    - Gmail (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gm)
    - Google Calendar (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar)
    - Google Camera (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera)
    - Google Now Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher)

Rooting
    You can flash the latest SuperUser (phh's open source fork), Chainfire's SuperSU, or Magisk to get rooted.
    Flashlight

Fixing flashlight turned out to be a lot more complicated, but it should work now. In the process, the camera module was updated to API 2.4, with the side benefit that torch actuation should be snappier than before.

Other notable changes are in our power HAL and assisted GPS configuration, so watch for any regressions there.

I couldn't find any option to turn off notification light while charging.

Well, I disabled it in the lights HAL, at least until a better, AOSP-compatible solution comes along. I'm bracing myself for the flood of requests to turned it back on... People should understand that we're trying to keep close to AOSP code, and fork as little as possible. Maybe I'll make a persistent property to toggle the battery LED notifications, which would avoid forking Settings.

@amaces music FX is not working mybe it is bug in this rom last version....I try any music FX in play store but not working

Yes, I think there's something broken with the current vendor audio blobs (i.e., libacdbloader.so), which might be connected to the currently broken BT mono output. Fixing closed-source binaries is hard...

Does someone have that great ROM version from 10.7.2017? I deleted it by mistake and I would like to return from latest version.

Unfortunately, I don't keep old versions around, especially if experimental. As pointed out before, that build had broken GPS, but following A/B tests showed that didn't cause significant drain (awake, or not). At any rate, maybe someone here is willing to share that image, should you want to retest it.

What about new UA build based on Android 8.1 DP?

Sigh... those previews don't even have public AOSP code yet.

The interlocutor hears voice perfectly, but audio in the car is extremely distorted.
    Instead music is perfect.

Your observation is actually pretty useful since I couldn't tell if BT capture is also distorted. This increasingly points to something broken in our legacy post-processing blobs on Oreo.

I will flash and check the workaround suggested by a fellow user here,which is to change settings in developper options. I will let u know when i do.

Unfortunately, that probably makes no difference with this particular issue. Most headsets are constrained to one or two legacy codecs during HFP use.
    Please help us with volume fix.

we need fix for volume. I don't thing anything like volumeplus working

Already said that I'm looking into it… At any rate, try the image at https://builds.unlegacy-android.org/aosp-8.1/hammerhead.

EDIT: Or you can also add directly the signature spoofing support in the ROM, but please, help who, like me, wants a Gapps-less Unlegacy ROM

I've adapted the signature patch (via OmniROM's https://gerrit.omnirom.org/26111) in experimental 8.1 builds. Although it's unlikely it can be merged into stable builds, I can generate periodic experimental builds that are patched for microG.

Is it really needed to unmount the system partition before flashing the rom?

Did you explicitly mount it before flashing a system image? Then yes, but normally TWRP doesn't mount it by itself, so you normally don't have to worry about this. The information in the OP was just a heads-up for people unaccustomed to AOSP builds.

@amaces just report...rom version 13 is still musicFX not fix....I am go back version 03 because I can't life without viper4android and exqualizer app....:)

Not sure what to tell you; I don't see any changes, but I also don't use anything more than ROM and GApps. Try it again on current build.

Hey guys. Just wondering if there are any estimates regarding the bluetooth in call bug. It's driving me a bit nuts, the rest of the rom is so smooth

As I said a couple of times in the past, I've been working on this, on and off, for a few months now… I'd love to give you an ETA, but I simply don't know anymore.

@amaces MTP is not working with USB debugging enabled. I checked on two different computers, win 7 and 10, Android 8.1

Are you sure?

I noticed that noise suppression does not work on 8.1, there was no problem at 8.0.

Try the new experimental build. Some ACDB use cases are broken, but I fixed at least the initialization bugs on MR1.

So you don't use bootloader-hammerhead-hhz20h.img from the last factory-image? Where can I find the bootloader you use? I looked in the download section and searched the thread.

I guess he meant boot image, and you don't need it anymore if you install a current full OTA.

Anyone have problem with GPS? I have problem with Google maps and Here maps. It showing wrong location...

Does it consistently happen, indoor, outdoors, Wi-Fi off?

I think performance improvement....and battery life more better

Placebo.

There is very poor communication from the dev team, they just release ROMs without proving any changelogs.

Listen, nobody forces you to install experimental, or any other builds for that matter. I made it pretty clear that the OP refers to the stable Nougat builds, and post #3 is dedicated to Oreo status. With Nougat, the changes are mostly security-wise; hammerhead is not gaining any new powers, but we try to optimize whatever can be. Would you rather me spend time listing technical changes, or focus on fixing bugs? I doubt such a changelog would help most people, and we already have Gerrit, Git trees, etc, for anyone truly interested. Even more so with Oreo, where I must've spent hundreds of hours, then have people waltz in picking the good stuff (e.g., RIL data fixes, Torch, time daemon, etc, etc).

With these experimental builds, the deal is that you're supposed to test, and provide good logs, and thoughtful feedback. That deal breaks when you treat them as stable.