[APP][Camera Super Pixel][0.9.6beta] 32MP rear camera & 4.9MP front camera

Search This thread

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Awesome app! Wish the development would continue and be compatible with newer phones with Snapdragon CPUs:)

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
I think this app has been abandoned. Like most of the best and original apps, they stop being updated. Such a shame:(

Reactions: harysviewty

Wenro

Oct 10, 2014
Sweden
Samsung Galaxy S21
But im unable to find any difference between stock cam and this cam only file size is changed and resolution but the quality is same
Using on nexus 5 (5.1.1 stock rom)

We're in the same boat. I struggle seeing actual differences between stock and this. I remember at one time I used to get fantastic shots but now I'm just so disappointed with it that I pretty much always use my wifes P10..

Z5 Compact 7.1.1 Stock ROM / GreenKernel

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Still working great on my Galaxy Note 8 running Oreo. Positively one the best camera apps ever made for Android. I hope somehow there could be further development on it specially now that the hardware and processing capabilities have gotten so much better since this app was originally released. This app is as relevant today as when it was first developed. Trully amazing stuff to radically and exponentially improve the native resolution of any sensor!

On IOS, there are also 2 similar apps and still actively under development and updates: Hydra and Cortex Cam. But none of them provides results as good as Camera Super Pixel, and they are extremely slow when shooting (which is even more notable since Apple's "A" processing units are still far more capable then anything available for Android).

Last edited:

Georgerapp

Oct 9, 2017
Athens
Just all sony users give it a chance .
Big files , edit friendly like a raw , and reduce this big files.
I resuce them from Photoshop express at 45% jpeg .

All the pics was hand held .
It is not for people who moves fast like kids or animals.
Give a try and for selfie.
Huge difference from crappy in build app!!!
Enable debug mode on settings and put jpeg files on 100% with max res for both cameras.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Forgive me for double post some pics.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

After more than a year of hard work I am pleased to announce in this Nexus 5 forum the first beta release of “Camera Super Pixel”, a camera app that takes pictures enhancing the resolution of the camera, improving sharpness and reducing noise.

The app takes a burst of pictures and intelligently combines them into a higher resolution photograph (up to 4x) using an own-developed super-resolution (SR) algorithm. The camera is optimized for static scenes. In other situations the result may not be good.

We are working on improving the performance in terms of speed and quality of the result.

Please send us your feedback if you have any issue with the app.

Thanks for your support!

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anforapps.camerasuperpixel

Article on Android Central: http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-super-resolution-photos-nexus-6p

What's new

Compatible with Sony Xperia Z5 (all variants)
    Fixed Android N bug

Advanced settings (noise reduction, edge enhancement, JPEG quality)

Fixed autofocus issue
    Compatible with Samsung S6 / S6 edge / Note 5 (Android 6.0)

Compatible with LG G4 / G Flex 2
    Compatible with Mediatek devices (eg. Micromax Canvas A1, Sparkle V, ...)
    Fixed memory bug

Compatible with Samsung S7 / S7 edge
    Compatible with OnePlus 2

Fixed issue on Nexus 5X front camera
    Fixed background image processing bug

Beta version
    New version:

Fixed autofocus issue (better focused rear camera pics)
    Compatible with OnePlus 2
    Compatible with Sony Xperia Z5 ( thanks for the info Ben36)
    Advanced settings (noise reduction, edge enhancement, JPEG quality)
    i just tried the app again and now the focusing works well. only problem for me is the noise reduction in low light conditions.
    i would love it to be less aggressive so you dont lose so much detail.

Thanks for this app :) I've taken some pictures in low light for comparison. As you see Google Camera HDR+ has the best quality and details in low light. Also Camera Super is good, noise is very low, but as @veitograf because of aggressive noise reduction, some details are lost.

Thanks for the feedback. Next version will have advanced settings (noise reduction, edge enhancement, JPEG quality, ...) ;)
    Hi,
    the quality varies according to the number of photos the app can mix correctly. You can activate "Debug mode" setting inside the app to check it, we are working hard to improve speed & quality.
    Thanks for tip..i don't doubt app's ability & future potential :)

As a reviewer i like to give all the details i can give instead of just saying awesome or worst :p so i shared my observation that improvement in back camera isn't that much drastic as Front. So that you can focus on it in next version :D

Keep it up ! :)