Hey guys. I just published a free app based on the work done by SuperHanss http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...532788&page=63
This app will create the file for you with the values you specify for Headset and Speaker volumes. Makes the whole process even easier and you can try multiple values really fast until you are satisfied.
The app will actually generate a file that you can then install with you custom recovery image.
Web Site: www.pc-rev.com
Very easy to use:
Detailed Video Instructions: http://www.pc-rev.com/instructions.html
1- Download the app from the playstore Nexus 5 Real Volume Booster
2- Run App
3- Enter desired volume values. (Please be careful and don't enter something crazy, max values are suggested in the app)
4- Hit "Save"
5- Hit "Reboot to Recovery" (requires root, if you dont have root, reboot into recovery as you normally would)
6- Install (Flash) /sdcard/N5VolumeBoost.zip (Tested wit TWRP and CWM)
Please backup first. As always, use at your own risk.
Hope you like it, let me know if you encounter any bugs.
More editable values to come in future updates.
Update: Version 2.1.4
- Minor error in displayed text
Update: Version 2.1.3
- The last update prevented users with Marshmallow to save the file. This new version will ask for permission when running the app.
Update: Version 2.1.2
- Possible fix for black screen that affected some phones on Android 6.0.1
Update: Version 2.1.1
- Added full support for Android Marshmallow
- Removed old "Restore to defaults" buttons for Lollipop preview versions
- Minor code tweaks
Update: Version 2.1.0
- Name changed from "Nexus 5 Real Volume Booster" to "Volume Boost for Nexus 5" in order to comply with Google policies: http://developer.android.com/distrib...ote/brand.html
Update: Version 2.0.7
- This version ads an "instructions button" which links to my website containing text and video instructions.
Update: Version 2.0.6
- Corrected TWRP output that said the app was compatible with 4.4.2 based ROMs. Now says that it's also compatible with 5.x
Update: Version 2.0.5
- Added "Restore Defaults Lollipop" button
Update: Version 2.0.3
- Compatible with Lollipop
- Fixed issues with LPX13d (Latest L preview)
- Integrated all original mixer_paths.xml files when the restore defaults button is used. These files will now match the original files MD5 which google may try to detect in future OTA updates.
- Change location of temporary files from SD Card to internal storage (you can now delete the N5VolumeBoost folder from the root of your SD card)
- Changed the way temporary files are deleted
Update: Version 2.0.2
Update: Version 2.0.1
French language added
Update: Version 2.0.0
I have completely changed the way the file is being generated. The app now reads your existing mixer_paths.xml and changes only the speaker and headphone values. To my knowledge no other mod or app does this. The app would previously overwrite the entire mixer_paths.xml with one stored in the app along with the values you specified for speaker and headphones.
1- Any other modifications you or one of your apps have previously done to the mixer_paths.xml will not be overwritten by my app.
2- This also makes the app pretty much future proof. Since it is reading your existing file, the app doesn't have to store different versions of the mixer_paths.xml for every new version of Android. It just reads your existing file looks only for the values it needs to change and doesn't touch the rest of the file.
3- Because of reason 2 the app should now be compatible with the L Preview and any modifications that could be applied to the L Preview until the final release.
Update: Version 1.3.0
The most requested feature has now been added:
The app will now read and show the active values for speaker and headphone volume instead of showing the Nexus 5 defaults.
Update: Version 1.2.9
Minor UI Modifications
Update: Version 1.2.8
Added 2 buttons. "Restore Defaults 4.4.2" and "Restore Defaults 4.4.3"
This will help users that are having issues upgrading to Android 4.4.3 with the OTA update.
Update: Version 1.2.7
- Added support for Android 4.4.3
Update: Version 1.2.6
- Fixed a minor bug
Update: Version 1.2.5 for free version
- Fixed a minor bug with the ads which is why there is no new release for the PRO version
Update: Version 1.2.4
- Added Instructions
- Added a popup confirming that the file was written to disk
- Made the app scrollable for users using a larger font
Update: Version 1.2.3
- Minor bug fixes
Update: Version 1.2
- New cleaner background and layout changes
- Code cleanup
- Minor bug fixes
NEW PRO VERSION AVAILABLE
PRO Version has same functionnality as the FREE version.
Advantages of PRO version
- No ADS
- You help support my work
- You have my eternal gratitude
- You feel so much better about yourself
- I can buy myself half a cup of coffee (to help me stay alert while working on the app of course)
Click HERE to go PRO
Thank you for your support