[GAMES] Nexus 5 Gaming Thread

Search This thread

enfxuevsi

Nov 1, 2013
+1 for DraStic, tried some backups I had, ran really smooth, couldn't complain about any game I tested.
Also, Mupen64+, Zelda OOT ran around the village, grabbed my sword, threw around rocks. Smooth as butter and Mario Kart 64, perfectly playable on 150CC.

PPSSPP I tried with the 2 images I had available and they were good but not playable. That said PPSSPP is very varied on the game, some run great, others barely at all xD

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I'm running ppsspp emu and it's freaking awesome. I did have to change the settings a little bit once I did, oh my god! It flies. Now, I've only ran ff7 crisis core, but it runs great.

Other games I'm playing : dead trigger 2, iesabel (awesome Diablo like--game, highly recommend), ff5, Nova 3, fpse emu (runs great), horn (awesome awesome awesome), temple run, Neon shadow.

The device runs them all. I'm in love!

Makoers

Apr 13, 2012
noblesville
I'm running ppsspp emu and it's freaking awesome. I did have to change the settings a little bit once I did, oh my god! It flies. Now, I've only ran ff7 crisis core, but it runs great.

Other games I'm playing : dead trigger 2, iesabel (awesome Diablo like--game, highly recommend), ff5, Nova 3, fpse emu (runs great), horn (awesome awesome awesome), temple run, Neon shadow.

Crisis core is a great game, awesome story to it.

clorbag

Nov 26, 2010
Carson ca
i use drastic ds emulator to play chrono trigger =)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Crisis core is a great game, awesome story to it.

+1 to this. ppsspp is awesome as well so is fpse, they run so amazing especially paired with a ps3 controller suing sixaxis

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite
Madden 25 seems like it would run nice on the Nexus 5. Can someone confirm as mine is one of those which are still shipping?

iPWNtehNOOB

Dec 14, 2011
What settings are you guys using for PPSSPP? I tried playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, but everything is incredible low res.
Crash Tag Team Racing works and looks good, but runs waaay too slow to be playable.

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield

I thought Horn only works for Tegra devices?

raines43

Mar 14, 2008
Anybody playing Shadowgun on the Nexus 5. I've come across a problem and can't get any further into the game. In the screenshot there should be a floating 'settings' icon above the computer console that opens the door when pressed. It simply isn't there for me; I've replayed the level and still no icon. anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-12-13-38-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-12-13-38-25.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 1,116

WaPeR32

Mar 7, 2010
Huelva, Spain
twitter.com
Anybody playing Shadowgun on the Nexus 5. I've come across a problem and can't get any further into the game. In the screenshot there should be a floating 'settings' icon above the computer console that opens the door when pressed. It simply isn't there for me; I've replayed the level and still no icon. anyone else getting this?

I played yesterday night a little and no problems. I don't know if you are so far in the game.

;)

sluflyer06

Nov 21, 2011
Saint Louis
gaming review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GRcTxaWd24

shown with FPS meter and system monitor ( to detect throttling )

For anyone interested in throttling and watches this review. Pay close attention to the behavior of the CPU as throttling kicks in, what we're really seeing here is a problem with the Adreno throttling not the CPU, yes the CPU is throttled but that actually has no impact on framerates.

You'll notice as the system throttles farther and farther the CPU load actually DROPS with frequency. This tells us a couple things, firstly that the systems 3d performance is completely GPU bottle-necked as even when cold your only utilized up to about 85% of the available CPU time on only 2 cores, second that as the system clocks down the the amount of CPU time being utilized begins falling as well, what this tells us is that even at 1.2ghz the CPU is still not inhibiting gaming performance as the Adreno has throttled down significantly more in proportion to the CPU.

This presents an interesting proposition that kernel devs might want to look at which is exploring if there a balance where aggressive CPU throttling to reduce heat in order to maintain higher GPU speeds could result in noticeably improved framerates as the system heats up.

Reactions: sooorajjj

giannis_ch

Nov 15, 2010
Athens
Last edited:

raines43

Mar 14, 2008
I played yesterday night a little and no problems. I don't know if you are so far in the game.

;)

Tried playing on different difficulty levels; the door switch is still missing. Also, one time the game had no sound and another 'Slade' arrived at the top of an elevator with his gun shouldered, giving me no controls to shoot. They re-appeared after he'd been killed. Have uninstalled and will wait for an update (hopefully). Anyone recommend a good first person shooter that I can try instead?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I suppose this is a bit of self promotion but I created a site that lists Android games that are completely free with no advertising, have a one time up front cost or one time IAP to unlock the full content ad free. I personally play every game on my Nexus 7.2 to make sure it looks good and plays well. I also play them on my new Nexus 5 as well. Being able to personally experience each game gives me the advantage of taking my own screenshots (as a lot of screenshots on the Play store are from iDevices or cropped) and gameplay videos. This way giving a true representation of the game. It also affords me the opportunity to find out what kind of multiplayer a game has (online, local or same device), what kind of controllers work with it (Moga, Xperia and NVidia), if it has immersive mode or has Google Play services. As most of these things never seem to be listed by the dev in their games descriptions. Having this data also allows me to have sorting options on the site (something the Play Store really lacks) that let the user find for example all of the immersive mode games listed on the site or online multiplayer games.

There are zero advertisements on the site so I am not making any money with this. The site is meant as a free resource for gamers who want to play games that work well on touchscreens and aren't full of deceitful IAPs. Just to be clear I do have a donation page, Amazon affiliate links and Youtube ads in the gameplay videos to help pay for the hosting of the site.

Mainly I just wanted to compile an ever growing list of great games that look good on tablets and high end screen phones that aren't designed from the ground up as a way to fleece the players. You can go check it out if you like at http://honestandroidgames.com.
    Hey guys, what games are you getting and which ones have gotten your attention? IT'S GAMING TIME! :D
    yo you guys know any good tower defence game which you guys have personally tried and is able to proceed deep into the game/finish the entire game without spending a single cent(real money)? I bought kingdom rush frontiers and it is an awesome game but I'm a little disappointed since many of the heroes in game need to be unlocked by using real cash

bloons tower defense 5 :p I got it as the free amazon app of the day a while back and though it might appear as a little kids game its fun
    And just like that GL has announced release date for Modern Combat 5. July 24th

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/07/...ial-release-date-for-modern-combat-5-blackout

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Also here:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Modern+Combat+5/news.asp?c=60469

It states the release date is for iOS and android