By raffaele88, Senior Member on 16th November 2014, 11:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2014, 04:06 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It didnt word with me :( any idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

I made a flashable zip, but I'm not sure it works well, so please backup your framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk. If you get in a bootloop, change their permissions to 0644. (Don't blame me if something goes wrong, this is the first time I made a flashable zip file)
EDIT: follow the other thread for updates on the zip file

Did not word with my LRX210

25th November 2014, 07:05 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiden

Hey guys,

I edited the the zip file to install into the right directory (/system/priv-app/SystemUI) and double checked.
Hope this helps! Thanks for the mod in the first place!

but it works when device picked up or notifications arrive, is it right?
26th November 2014, 06:52 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 5,437

More
No.....
26th November 2014, 08:53 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Lift to wake doesn't work, but ambient (light up the screen when a notification arrives) works.

To get this working only framework-res needs to be edited, so no need for a modified systemui (only lift to wake mods there, but since this doesn't work anyway...)
28th November 2014, 01:45 AM |#105  

More
Thumbs down It doesn't work
So with the flash zip I only have the option on the display menu but it doesn't work at all
none of functions does. I hope someone makes a zip that works but I want to thank you the efforts that you have already made.
28th November 2014, 05:54 AM |#106  
Flag Prizren
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrapp

Lift to wake doesn't work, but ambient (light up the screen when a notification arrives) works.

To get this working only framework-res needs to be edited, so no need for a modified systemui (only lift to wake mods there, but since this doesn't work anyway...)

I guess developers could use the Proximity Sensor of the device to wake the screen up.
30th November 2014, 10:20 AM |#107  
Flag Gie├čen
Thanks Meter: 5

More
with

apktool if framework-res.apk

i got rid of a few errors, but now i still got this:
Code:
 apktool b SystemUI
I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-RC3 on SystemUI
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
warning: string 'accessibility_quick_settings_airplane' has no default translation.
warning: string 'accessibility_quick_settings_bluetooth' has no default translation.
warning: string 'battery_low_subtitle' has no default translation.
warning: string 'done_button' has no default translation.
warning: string 'jelly_bean_dream_name' has no default translation.
warning: string 'keyguard_accessibility_status' has no default translation.
warning: string 'kg_password_wrong_pin_code' has no default translation.
warning: string 'quick_settings_wifi_display_label' has no default translation.
warning: string 'quick_settings_wifi_display_no_connection_label' has no default translation.
warning: string 'ssl_ca_cert_dialog_title' has no default translation.
warning: string 'ssl_ca_cert_info_message' has no default translation.
warning: string 'ssl_ca_cert_settings_button' has no default translation.
warning: string 'ssl_ca_cert_warning_message' has no default translation.
warning: string 'tasklistview_title' has no default translation.
/home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_toggle_slider.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@android:drawable/sym_keyboard_delete_holo').

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/tmp/brut_util_Jar_8706135234285853115.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 21, --target-sdk-version, 21, --version-code, 21, --version-name, 5.0-982454f854, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3767071917806926997.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, /home/kitzu/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/res, -M, /home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:437)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:374)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:277)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:250)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:225)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/tmp/brut_util_Jar_8706135234285853115.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 21, --target-sdk-version, 21, --version-code, 21, --version-name, 5.0-982454f854, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3767071917806926997.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, /home/kitzu/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/res, -M, /home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:488)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:423)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [/tmp/brut_util_Jar_8706135234285853115.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 21, --target-sdk-version, 21, --version-code, 21, --version-name, 5.0-982454f854, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3767071917806926997.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, /home/kitzu/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/res, -M, /home/kitzu/ambient-display-tmp/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:482)
        ... 6 more
anyone knows how to fix this?
30th November 2014, 11:05 AM |#108  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Thanks!
Working Great!
30th November 2014, 11:40 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinqipa

I guess developers could use the Proximity Sensor of the device to wake the screen up.

There's apps in the market that do this and also one that turns on the screen when notifications come in but also with pocket sensing which is ambient mode's biggest failing. None of these need root.
3rd December 2014, 12:43 AM |#110  

More
How to revert back and remove this? I flashed the zip now want to remove the setting.
3rd December 2014, 12:54 AM |#111  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansh22

How to revert back and remove this? I flashed the zip now want to remove the setting.

If you did backup the two jar, then you might replace with those
backup and reboot your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)