Launcher that allows user to custom sort apps

Search This thread

Infiniteloop7

Nov 26, 2013
Hello everyone, I am new to Android and have just received my Nexus 5 a few days ago. I love the overall look of the kitkat launcher except the fact that apps are sort in alphabetical order in the app drawer. Can anyone recommend a launcher that allows user to arrange apps in custom order and create folders in the app drawer? I tried googling before posting here and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like some of the most popular launchers eg Nova, Apex, ADW do not let users custom sort apps. So any other recommendation would be appreciated.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Hello everyone, I am new to Android and have just received my Nexus 5 a few days ago. I love the overall look of the kitkat launcher except the fact that apps are sort in alphabetical order in the app drawer. Can anyone recommend a launcher that allows user to arrange apps in custom order and create folders in the app drawer? I tried googling before posting here and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like some of the most popular launchers eg Nova, Apex, ADW do not let users custom sort apps. So any other recommendation would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure they do but currently I'm not using them so not sure but I know go launcher let's you for sure. And those other ones you can just download them and try. The Sony launcher also let's you but I'm not sure if it's gonna work on the Nexus 5 but you can search on xda

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

luisvilla1993

Nov 5, 2012

Nova lets you create folders in the app drawer, but i think you need the paid version.. it's totally worth it thou.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
I think buzz, action, smart launchers give that option but I've been on nova so long I can't remember... I know 100% for a fact the expensive shell launchers like Go Next do but they are still very spendy

speedboxx

Sep 28, 2008
Bumping this thread to see if anyone knows of other solutions.

I'm using GO Launcher which allows custom app sorting and grouping into folders in the drawer. It works great, however, I find GO Launcher to be bulky and wouldn't mind something more streamline to accomplish this.

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
I know nova does if u really need.
de5utyzy.jpg
qava4uba.jpg

melkhatt

Apr 18, 2007
you can do almost everything with SSLauncher for free :good:

tanw

Nov 27, 2010
Hi,
Sorry to hijack this thread but I too am looking for an alternative to GO launcher.I have not upgraded my GO launcher since 3.11 due to bloatware.I would like to ask is there any launcher that allows custom sorting of apps in the app drawer's folder?For eg i have created a folder called Games in the app drawer and would like to custom the games sort them instead alphabetical order.

l3-art

Jun 6, 2009
Rijssen
As former Samsung owner i know the touchwiz launcher has this feature! I think there's a port floating around on the Android themes and apps section!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

alogblog

May 11, 2011
Ligntning Launcher

I recoomend Lightning Launcher, although only pro version provides customized app drawer. It's small and powerful.

psydex

Nov 25, 2012
Plovdiv
mobers.org
Apex Launcher (PRO) can do this , Also Go Launcher.
Been requesting this "feature" for Nova Launcher for years but apearantly most people don't care about custom sorting.