FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor CEO Thread

[MOD][GUIDE] Best Audio Mod Nexus 5 by fosseperme

349 posts
Thanks Meter: 386

Post Reply Email Thread
Finally, thanks to my mod is exclusive solved the audio problem found on all ( or most) Nexus 5 ! (LINK BUG - see also comments to the news - italian)
Significantly increased the sound of the speaker , but above all also fixed the microphone input/output and speaker of the call !
In other words both you and your recipient feel ALWAYS sound loud and clean like never before. The phrase " can not hear you " ( typical of someone who has a Nexus 5 ) will be only a distant memory for you .

For the following guide takes root permissions and a file manager that allows to get into the system folder (for example Root Explorer can be downloaded from playstore ) .

1) Download the file from here Best Audio Mod Nexus 5 by fosseperme V2.xml and rename mixer_paths.xml
2) Go through root explorer ( or similar) in the system folder sytem / etc and replace the file with the old one ( after making a backup of the original file of course ) . If you root explorer problems in replacing click on the top of Mount R / W ( it displays a Mount R / O) and try again.
3) Set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r-- (important to avoid bootlop)
4) Restart the phone and try to call someone! You will see the results immediately !

NEW : Flashable Zip from recovery (Many thanks to Drummerjed)

Changelog V2

Increase audio recording (hear most of your audio / video recorded)

Changelog V1

Increase audio speaker, audio headphone and microphone audio input / output (better hear the other party on a call and he will listen to you better)

Make a donation by clicking here !
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to fosseperme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fosseperme Ad-Free

23rd January 2014, 04:44 PM |#2  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Thanks but bootloop with Purity Rom
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
23rd January 2014, 04:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

You should add to the OP to set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r--:

No bootloop on Purity with the correct permissions, without the correct permissions you end in a bootloop...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 05:12 PM |#4  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Salerno

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37

Hi,

You should add to the OP to set the correct permissions for the mixer_paths.xml file before rebooting as rw-r--r--:

No bootloop on Purity with the correct permissions, without the correct permissions you end in a bootloop...

updated
The Following User Says Thank You to fosseperme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fosseperme Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 05:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Works great on Cataclysm!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
EnricoD
23rd January 2014, 05:32 PM |#6  

More
there's already a thread for that:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532788

and it shows also how to tweak the volume boost from Yourself
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
23rd January 2014, 05:40 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricocid

there's already a thread for that:

Hi,

Yes, but it seems that the mod here from fosseperme solves/improves the sound for call like he claims (not in the other thread where is nothing about in call sound) even if I never have not noticed any problem with sound in call...

The volume in speaker is the same as the other thread, right.

Otherwise the only thing I noticed is the cause of the bootloop...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 05:59 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37

Hi,

Yes, but it seems that the mod here from fosseperme solves/improves the sound for call like he claims (not in the other thread where is nothing about in call sound) even if I never have not noticed any problem with sound in call...

The volume in speaker is the same as the other thread, right.

Otherwise the only thing I noticed is the cause of the bootloop...

the problem in call is very evident (too much) in the call recording

but this mod doesn't fix it.
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
23rd January 2014, 06:09 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkM@n

Hi,

Ok, since I don't use call recording and since the OP didn't mentioned it was to "try" to fix the issue with in call recording...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosseperme

but above all also fixed the microphone input and speaker of the call !
In other words both you and your recipient feel ALWAYS sound loud and clean like never before. The phrase " can not hear you " ( typical of someone who has a Nexus 5 ) will be only a distant memory for you .

So my answer about the fact that I never had a problem with in call sound (at least for me but for the OP it seems a typical problem )...

23rd January 2014, 06:16 PM |#10  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Salerno

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkM@n

I ll fix it!
23rd January 2014, 06:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosseperme

I ll fix it!

can you tell me what configuration, app, rom and kernel do you use?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)